[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

been offered Coles for Curtis...should I take it and run?

Steelhead

This guy's got all 4 of his WRs on bye in week 10. Now we play each other this week and I usually don't trade people the same week I play but he's offering me Coles for Curtis. That would make my WRs Harrison, Driver, Coles, Engram.

I drafted Curtis and like the guy but I think this is a no brainer. My only concern is rumors that Pennington will be benched and how that will affect Coles. Should I counter for Galloway instead? Or try to give him Engram instead of Curtis?

My team

QB – Kitna, Huard

RB – Gore, Henry, White, Young

WR – Harrison, Driver, Curtis, Engram

TE – Witten, EJ

K – Gould

DEF – Ravens

His team

QB – Palmer, Pennington

RB – SJax, T Jones, B Jackson, Leonard

WR – AJ, Stallworth, Coles, Galloway

TE – Watson, Scaife

K – J Brown

DEF – Cowboys, Redskins

Coles should be more valuable with Pennington gone, IMO. Clemens has a stronger arm, and Coles gets plenty of long-ball opportunities. Curtis has been fairly inconsistent so far, and that would make me want Coles on the team.

Also, I would much rather have Coles than Galloway. You could try to offer him Engram, but I doubt he'll accept. He could probably get more value for Coles from someone else in the league. You could try to offer him Engram for Galloway. Hackett and Branch should be back after the bye, so Engram's value will plummet, anyways.

Food for thought from FFToolbox.com (10/23/07):

Sell High:

WR Coles, Laveranues, NYJ

"If you're in a league that awards a point per reception, then Coles is a guy you want to keep. Personally, I don't like leagues that award a point per reception, so I avoid them. If you're in leagues like the ones I'm in, then this would be a good week to trade Laveranues. Last week against Cincinnati, Coles pulled down 8 receptions for 133 yards and 2 touchdowns. That was by far his best performance of the season. To date, that was the only time he broke 100 yards. The Jets' schedule doesn't bode well for Coles. This coming Sunday the Jets welcome Buffalo to town. Back in week 4 Coles had 8 receptions for 65 yards and a touchdown. While another 12 point game from Coles wouldn't surprise me, it's the games following Buffalo that I don't like. New York will host the #8 (Redskins) and #3 (Steelers) defenses weeks 9 and 11. Follow these games up with a tough road game in Dallas and on the road against a Miami team who shut down Coles back in week 3. Again, if you're in a league that awards a point per catch, Coles is a good keep. Otherwise, look to build off last week's performance; Coles' future doesn't appear that promising."

Personally, I will be trying to trade him this week while his value is high as my league is not PPR.

Food for thought from FFToolbox.com (10/23/07):

Sell High:

WR Coles, Laveranues, NYJ

"If you're in a league that awards a point per reception, then Coles is a guy you want to keep. Personally, I don't like leagues that award a point per reception, so I avoid them. If you're in leagues like the ones I'm in, then this would be a good week to trade Laveranues. Last week against Cincinnati, Coles pulled down 8 receptions for 133 yards and 2 touchdowns. That was by far his best performance of the season. To date, that was the only time he broke 100 yards. The Jets' schedule doesn't bode well for Coles. This coming Sunday the Jets welcome Buffalo to town. Back in week 4 Coles had 8 receptions for 65 yards and a touchdown. While another 12 point game from Coles wouldn't surprise me, it's the games following Buffalo that I don't like. New York will host the #8 (Redskins) and #3 (Steelers) defenses weeks 9 and 11. Follow these games up with a tough road game in Dallas and on the road against a Miami team who shut down Coles back in week 3. Again, if you're in a league that awards a point per catch, Coles is a good keep. Otherwise, look to build off last week's performance; Coles' future doesn't appear that promising."

Personally, I will be trying to trade him this week while his value is high as my league is not PPR.

My league is PPR. we get 1pt per 2 receptions. Curtis is a home run hitter, while Coles is more consistent. That's what I'm waffling about.

PHI schedule isn't that great either, having to play DAL, NYG, and WAS.