[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Led Zeppelin

Brentastic

This bootleg is amazing! Led Zeppelin was one of my first (of many) musical obsessions. I've moved past them over the years but surely still enjoy them. Anyways, back in the day (I have since lost it) I had this bootleg on tape and always thought it was the best live rock concert bootleg of any I've heard or owned. Recently a buddy at work mentioned that he gets his music free etc... I mention this show and he says he will try to find it. He did and he burned it for me and I just downloaded it into the ole computer. This is a timeless piece.

If anyone has the means of downloading this do it immediately. If not and your a hardcore Zep fan, PM and I will send you a disc - this will be my halloween gift to all you Zep fans. The tone is so rich and full with a ton of bass/drums (which is my preference). I'm listening through headphones which is highly recommended. I hope someone currently owns this so they can chime in.

UPDATE 04.02.2011 - sorry I never mailed out the discs as promised. I received a lot of PMs and just kept putting this off. However, 3.5 years later I have uploaded this show to a file hosting site where you can all download it for free. I uploaded this show personally, so you don't have to worry about any viruses and such. I zipped it in RAR format, so if you' don't have the rar program, you will need to get that first to extract the files. It's free and totally safe - http://www.win-rar.com/website/index.php?L=0

Highlights of the show are:

"As Long as I Have You Medley" (CD-1.03) and "How Many More Times Medley" (CD-2.01)

Led Zeppelin 04-27-1969 Filmore West

Edited by Brentastic

That sounds cool, Brent. Just wondering, are you all smoked up right now? :D

Led Zeppelin was one of the first bands that I sort of had a major appreciation for. I think it was more the chick that I stalked at the time but she was way into Led Zeppelin so I ended up really digging Led Zeppelin. It was really weird, me and this girl, she was hawt but a total stoner. I was as far from a stoner as you could get but her being so hawt made me overlook a lot of things. She very much opened my eyes to a lot of things in my life and one of them was music. I am very good friends with this girl today, (she is still pretty hawt), but anytime her and I cross paths we go back to concert talk that she exposed me to.

Well, all that to say that your post about Led Zeppelin conjured up those thoughts for me. :D I may take you up on the PM.

Where would one find this download? I have limewire but nothing came up on a search there. Ah yes, memories. I used to go to my next door neighbors house most evenings. We'd do our math homework and then get baked (not always in that order). Then every night on KSJO, they'd have "Get the Led Out" at 9pm. I think it was a half hour or so. Funny thing is, both of us had every album, so I don't exactly know why we made such a big deal of waiting for that radio show.

Where would one find this download? I have limewire but nothing came up on a search there. Ah yes, memories. I used to go to my next door neighbors house most evenings. We'd do our math homework and then get baked (not always in that order). Then every night on KSJO, they'd have "Get the Led Out" at 9pm. I think it was a half hour or so. Funny thing is, both of us had every album, so I don't exactly know why we made such a big deal of waiting for that radio show.

He did say it was bootleg which given Led Zepplin's take on their copyrights, mean it's illegal. Which is why you won't find it on legal sharing sites like http://bt.etree.org

you should use torrents....

stuff like limewire is no good anymore...

In my hometown we had a local radio station that had a "Get the Led out" program as well. Also at 9PM. You're not from Peoria are you?

He did say it was bootleg which given Led Zepplin's take on their copyrights, mean it's illegal. Which is why you won't find it on legal sharing sites like http://bt.etree.org

This is mos def true. Zep's manager (Peter Grant) used to beat the shister out of fans who were caught taping. This bootleg, however, is a soundboard recording so I'm not sure how it got out. I will re-state again - this concert is amazing. You can feel Bonzo's drums-very powerful tone to this one, at least with good headphones. I'm sure the tone diminishes if played through speakers.

Dead used to encourage tapers, even had a separate section set aside just behind the soundbard, you'd see a bunch of tapers there with their 30-foot Nakamichi mikes.

Get Cornell '77 and don't look back.

Yuk will be along shortly to add "wurd".

Edited by Easy n Dirty

Dead used to encourage tapers, even had a separate section set aside just behind the soundbard, you'd see a bunch of tapers there with their 30-foot Nakamichi mikes.

Get Cornell '77 and don't look back.

Yuk will be along shortly to add "wurd".

wurd i think i only have 50 gigs of sb's and aud's... i love etree

brent u have a pm

is it in lossy??

Edited by Yukon Cornelius

I remember about 5 years ago I downloaded about 50 or so Dead shows from etree.org (somethinorother) but I thought they shut it down.

Nope, it's still going strong. It's pretty much a clearing house for any band that encourages or allows taping and dissemination of their live performances. A couple that come to mind beside the Grateful Dead are the Radiators, Robert Randolf and the Family Band, Dave Mathews and the Allman Brothers. If your into live performances, then this is definitely the place to check out.

BTW, I use Azureus as my BitTorrent client. It has a reasonable user interface unlike some of the others.

Looks like a bunch of people are taking you up on the offer, your mailbox is full. At any rate, I'd be happy to send you some tunes back in exchange. When you clear a little space in your mailbox, I'll resend. In my pm I highlight some of the stuff I'm long on.

Still churning........ :D

BitTorrent is fast only if you have a bunch of people seeding the torrent. If it's only one seed, then it's only as fast as the pipe it's connected to. And if you have many people downloading from only one seed, then it gets even slower.

BitTorrent is fast only if you have a bunch of people seeding the torrent. If it's only one seed, then it's only as fast as the pipe it's connected to. And if you have many people downloading from only one seed, then it gets even slower.

wurd but it is still quite nice form trading things :D

wurd but it is still quite nice form trading things :D

That wasn't a knock on BitTorrent. I use it frequently myself. I was just trying to explain things to Ursa.

That wasn't a knock on BitTorrent. I use it frequently myself. I was just trying to explain things to Ursa.

There's only two to three seeds, each at a max of about 5-6 kbps. :wacko:

Gonna take about 24 hours. I d/l the client last night and it has a comprehensive interface - can't remember the name of it, it's running on my home PC.

hes to old to know any of that stuff :D

Up yours, ya paint thinner drinker! :D

There's only two to three seeds, each at a max of about 5-6 kbps. :D

Gonna take about 24 hours. I d/l the client last night and it has a comprehensive interface - can't remember the name of it, it's running on my home PC.

Up yours, ya paint thinner drinker! :D

If it is Azureus, I can give you some tweaks that will help things d/l faster. It took me a little whhile to get it dialed in to where I could get a full Dead concert in under 2 hours.