[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Drop Henry for Young?

So. Earlier in the year, Young was taken in one of my leagues. I am the Henry owner. I was just checking to see who has Young, and maybe try and trade, and lo! Young is just sitting there as a free agent!

Outstanding!

Trouble is, I'm real tight on roster spots because of next weeks bye. Don't have an open spot to hold Henry AND Young.

So the question is, is it time to straight up drop Henry for Young? I'm thinking YES.

I don't need either one this week, as I am starting Brian Westbrook and Edgerrin James. This is only going forward. I'm 7-1 and expect to make the playoffs in this league.

Standard Yahoo scoring.

Tom Brady

Donte' Stallworth

Laveranues Coles

Roy Williams

Brian Westbrook

Edgerrin James

Will Heller

Calvin Johnson

Jeremy Shockey

Kenton Keith

Travis Henry

Eli Manning

Amani Toomer

I'd either dump Amani Toomer or Kenton Keith (leaning toward Keith here) to get Young now. It is slim that Henry's appeal overturns the suspension. Keith only has value if Addai gets hurt or if the Colts are resting their starters in week 15-16 which seems unlikely. Sure, Dungy said they'll split carries, but it didn't look that way last week. I'd alsot be tempted to dump Heller and go without a TE this week. You're 7-1 after all.

Please help me here.

Edited by MTSuper7

Its a gamble because there is a small chance he still plays(very small) but I would gamble and do it...because you know after this week he will be gone

That is my exact fear - I drop Henry, he wins the appeal (somehow), and the guy who picks up Henry kicks my posterior later in the season. :D

Although. Since I don't need him this very week, I probably could afford to wait until the 5th. If I lose out on Young, I noticed that Sammy Morris is still there as a FA.

Again, I'm surprised by this - but not that much. This league is getting some desperate "need to win NOW" owners, and Morris won't be playing for 2 more weeks probably... but I like him as a playoff RB.

Bah. Same logic could apply to doing it now... if Young becomes less valuable because Henry DOES stay, could always drop him then for Morris if he's there.

Edited by doctor_stoppage

Eh.. I must say Selvin Young looked great against a GB solid 7.. I believe he will have more value than Sammy Morris as Young will be getting most of the carries and has plenty of potential in the backfield.

If anything drop Kenton Keith, pick up Selvin and have Morris as a backup in the FA.. that's more sensible..

Edited by mibar22

I'd either dump Amani Toomer or Kenton Keith (leaning toward Keith here) to get Young now. It is slim that Henry's appeal overturns the suspension. Keith only has value if Addai gets hurt or if the Colts are resting their starters in week 15-16 which seems unlikely. Sure, Dungy said they'll split carries, but it didn't look that way last week. I'd alsot be tempted to dump Heller and go without a TE this week. You're 7-1 after all.

Please help me here.

I agree with dropping either Toomer or Keith for Young. Having both Young and Henry gives you a lock on the Denver RB spot for the rest of the season, and having Denver's RB locked up as you approach the playoffs is a very good thing. I would not, however, go with out a TE this week.