[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

XBOX 360 Bundles

chiefjay

Looking at getting one for the kids for Xmas and was surprised the price was as low as it is; I thought it was running closer to $400 - $500. Obviously a year older brings the price down.

XBOX 360, 1 wireless controller, 5 games (obviously not great games), and memory card. The price is $279 at Target.

What do you guys think?

What's the WII running these days?

Looking at getting one for the kids for Xmas and was surprised the price was as low as it is; I thought it was running closer to $400 - $500. Obviously a year older brings the price down.

XBOX 360, 1 wireless controller, 5 games (obviously not great games), and memory card. The price is $279 at Target.

What do you guys think?

What's the WII running these days?

I suspect the system you are looking at at that price point is the "Core" system. The Core system does not come with an integrated hard drive which can be problematic when trying to play on xbox live. Any updates to the console or games will require some kind of storage. It's possible to add an external drive or use memory cards instead, but frankly, if you plan to play online, it's worth the extra cash to pick up the premium or elite systems.

EDIT TO ADD:

The Wii console itself is supposed to be around $250, but good luck finding one. Nobody seems to have them.

Edited by smithkt

I suspect the system you are looking at at that price point is the "Core" system. The Core system does not come with an integrated hard drive which can be problematic when trying to play on xbox live. Any updates to the console or games will require some kind of storage. It's possible to add an external drive or use memory cards instead, but frankly, if you plan to play online, it's worth the extra cash to pick up the premium or elite systems.

EDIT TO ADD:

The Wii console itself is supposed to be around $250, but good luck finding one. Nobody seems to have them.

Excellent, thanks for the info. This is for the boys and they ae not playing online and I won't either.

Damn WII is still not readily available? Sheesh.

Excellent, thanks for the info. This is for the boys and they ae not playing online and I won't either.

Damn WII is still not readily available? Sheesh.

If you can get your hands on a WII then go that route. I've had one for about 8 months now and I'm addicted to Tiger Woods golf.

Or so you think.... :D

Seriously, I'm not sure how old your boys are, but I strongly suspect it won't take long before they are hounding you to play something online. Online play is a real mixed bag though. It can be a tremendous amount of fun, but just like any other fairly anonymous forum, you can run into complete idiots. The language used can be pretty extreme. Racial slurs and other derogatory comments will be heard often enough to be annoying. There are also idiots who derive a great deal of pleasure by ruining the game play by doing things like killing their own team members and other deliberate acts with no other purpose. Thankfully, it's easy enough to mute the uneducated morons and there are also plenty of quality players who just want to have fun.

Edited by smithkt

I know a little bout the xbox 360 systems, we have 5 at our house, i mod the cases and add custom cooling to them , 3ROD is problematic .

IMO, the best thing to do, is buy a reconditioned one on Ebay. I just bought a premier system on Ebay , everything 100% included for $250. It has a bumper to bumper warrenty until 5-28-07 , then it has the MS warrenty against the ROD (overheating issues) until 5-28-10 . Now , you can call MS , at any point before the warrenty expires and secure an additional years warrenty for $30 per year up to 4 additional years. They pay for shipping to and from for repairs.

You can save at least $150 dollars this way and your still protected as if it were new from Best Buy. The case may have a small blimish on it, but the 2 i just bought were as good as new.

BE SURE, to ask the seller is the warrenty sticker is in place and make sure the system console has not been tampered with or modded, to void the warrenty. Once you get the console call 18004MYXBOX and register the console in your name and confirm the warrenty status.

Here is the seller , i just bought my last two from. He gives a personal 30 day no questions asked money back warrenty over and above the one you get from MS.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Microsoft-Xbox-360-Pre...4QQcmdZViewItem

Edited by theeohiostate