[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

College Football: eHarmony.com NC bowl game

Bushey

I would imagine that the PAC10 and BIG10 had reservations because they realized like many of us that the BCS is a joke. The SEC is the best conference this year without a doubt. That being said, I am going to laugh my a$$ off when LSU loses in the SEC championship and gets jumped by Oregon. That laughter will be at your expense and your big blah...blah mouth. Guess it will be the ROSE BOWL crap that you will just have to swallow along with the BCS you enjoy. Ahhh...Breath in that ROSE bowl possibility....

Let me clarify that I favor a playoff very much, however if the Big 10 and Pac 10 won't allow it to happen, then I much prefer the new BCS system than what we had before.

At least now we have the potential to see the best matchup for a NC like Ohio State vs. Miami, USC vs. Texas, USC vs. Oklahoma, Florida vs. Ohio State. When I grew up those games would never have happened. You would just have to hope another team lost and your team won then hope the voters gave you enough votes to over take the #1 position after the bowls. Sort of like what happen in 2003 when USC was ranked #1 in the AP, but #3 in the BCS. LSU could do nothing to over take that #1 AP ranking except to hope that another team beat them.

No doubt the current BCS system is not without flaw and they continue to tweak it to make it better but even a flawed BCS IMO is better than what we had before. Before the creation of the BCS we knew from the start of each season that if a Pac 10 or Big 10 was ranked number one that no other team outside those conferences could potentially earn the #1 ranking by beating that team on the field. Vice versa if a team outside those two conferences was ranked #1 no team from the Pac 10 or Big 10 could earn the #1 ranking by beating that team on the field.

Edited by Rockerbraves

Let me clarify that I favor a playoff very much, however if the Big 10 and Pac 10 won't allow it to happen, then I much prefer the new BCS system than what we had before.

At least now we have the potential to see the best matchup for a NC like Ohio State vs. Miami, USC vs. Texas, USC vs. Oklahoma, Florida vs. Ohio State. When I grew up those games would never have happened. You would just have to hope another team lost and your team won then hope the voters gave you enough votes to over take the #1 position after the bowls. Sort of like what happen in 2003 when USC was ranked #1 in the AP, but #3 in the BCS. LSU could do nothing to over take that #1 AP ranking except to hope that another team beat them.

No doubt the current BCS system is not without flaw and they continue to tweak it to make it better but even a flawed BCS IMO is better than what we had before. Before the creation of the BCS we knew from the start of each season that if a Pac 10 or Big 10 was ranked number one that no other team outside those conferences could potentially earn the #1 ranking by beating that team on the field. Vice versa if a team outside those two conferences was ranked #1 no team from the Pac 10 or Big 10 could earn the #1 ranking by beating that team on the field.

Wow..i agree with Rocker here.

I can remember thinking how nice it would be if the title could be decided on the field instead of on someone's vote.

I would love a playoff system, but this will do for the time being. I loved the fight to get to the Rose Bowl like the old days, however The BCS appeals to me a little more.

NOW, if the Big Ten added another team and used the SEC format I would be p#ssed off.

Michigan and Ohio State must play every year and it must be on the last game of the year.

Michigan Game is such a big deal to me that it's a week long event. I would hate to see that change.