[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

KEEPER LEAGUE HELP!

jason9612

Hey guys,

I'm trying to convert my current league to a keeper league; a majority of the guys are on board and all signs point to yes, but we're having problems figuring out how many keepers to have and what other sorts of rules to use. Everyone has either said 3, 4, or 5 keepers. I personally think I'd like having the option of 3-5 but I'm not sure how to make that even. Also, I like the idea of having a draft lottery for the next year so people don't just throw games at the end of the season to get #1 pick.

Any help or any info on how you guys run your keeper leagues?

We keep six, but only three can be kept from the previous season, and there are limits by position based on our starting lineups. You can't keep more than 1 QB, 2 RBs, 3 WRs, 1 TE, 1 K, or 1 DEF. I know six sounds like a lot, but with the way the rules are structured, there's plenty of player turnover from year to year, and the player distribution, in terms of quality, usually turns out to be be pretty even providing the owners stay on top of their game. Our drafts go from worst to first based on the prior (regular) season records, but there's a twist there as well. The teams that don't qualify for the playoffs still submit lineups durings weeks 14-17. The team with the highest total number of points gets the first overall draft pick the next season. It's by far my favorite of all the leagues I've played in.