[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Roster Dilemma

mroban

See my roster below. My QBs are fine with Anderson and Kitna. Larry Johnson's injury causes me a huge headache but I have Ryan Grant and Priest Holmes. If M. Bush is activated it gives me a little depth. BUT, the guy who snaked Kolby Smith put him on waivers last week so he is now available. Also, I have Vinatieri who has positively sucked and rumors are that he is hurt. I can pick up Rob Bironas. I have two defenses, the Vikings and the Colts. Here are my options:

1. Do nothing, Kolby Smith isnt worth anything. Vinatieri will be fine. Having two defenses and playing the matchups is the way to go.

2. Cut either the Vikings or Colts defense, add Bironas, dont add Kolby Smith, you dont need him.

3. Cut Vinatieri, he is unreliable and add Bironas, who has been money

4. Cut Vinatieri and add Bironas and cut one of the defenses and add Kolby Smith.

5. Same as above but keep Vinatieri.

Basically, I dont trust Vinatieri any more. He might be hurt which would explain his innacuracy lately. He hasnt kicked a 40+ yarder all season (has missed 6 of them). Bironas has been money but wont get nearly as many XPs (in theory). Indy has been sputtering from injuries but they probably straighten it out in a week or two and should be money in the playoffs. So having 2 kickers would be a solid play.

Do I need two defenses? Both the Vikings and the Colts have good schedules. The Vikes have two home games in week 15 and 16 and travel to SF in week 14. Only bad game is @Giants this week (but I need to win badly this week to maintain my bye week positioning). Indy has @ATL this week (yummy), then Jax at home (its in the dome), then @BAL (good), @OAK (good) then home against HOU in week 16 (always solid at home). Looks good for Indy, all solid games maybe a huge one or two. The thing about the Vikes is that the better teams have figured them out and they arent scoring as much. But they get DET in week 13 and then a VERRY easy schedule. Huge dilemma.

Kolby Smith would only be a factor for me if Priest went down. Im assuming Larry Johnson is OUT for the year. Its a keeper league and there is no chance im cutting LJ, I have him at a pittance and is a no-brainer for next season. Same with Michael Bush. Kolby Smith is simply not going to win me a championship. Only way he is valuable is as insurance for Priest Holmes in case Priest got hurt (which isnt a longshot by any stretch). Also in weeks 15 and 16 if the Chiefs are out of it, they probably will want to take a good look at Kolby. Could be valuable.

Im leaning toward cutting the Vikings and Vinatieri, picking up Bironas and Kolby Smith. Anybody disagree?

Wow! First off, I did not read all of the post. But I can safely say you are way overthinking the kicker position. Just pick up a hot kicker on a decent team and be done.

Heh, thats probably good advice. Mostly its about using the roster spot for Kolby Smith or not. But thanks.

How many RB's do you start?

EDIT TO ADD:

If you start 2 than I would not do anything, role with Grant and Parker, and if Vinatieri is hurt or you just don't like him than grab Bironas. Don't waste to much effort on thinking about the kicker situation, they are a dime a dozen IMO.

Edited by SF409ers