[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A quick WDIS question

Marshy

Two options at QB going into this weeks games;

Eli Manning vs Minnesota

Jon Kitna vs Green Bay

So the matchup says Eli Manning, but Jon Kitna is going to have to go all out passing the football for success, and we could see a shootout.

Who would you take?

I kind of like Eli in this one, especially if Brandon Jacobs is hurting. The Vikings secondary is Antoine Winfield and a bunch of torchable DBs. I think Kitna is in for a game much like last week. Lots of yards and maybe a couple of TDs offset by a bevy of turnovers. Harris & Woodson are gamblers who like to go for the INT.

Edited by FordFairlane

Well, against popular opinion (and common sense)....I actually like Kitna here. I think you're right. Detroit will be forced to pass, and pass alot to keep up with Green Bay in this one. That's not to say he won't throw a couple picks...but he'll also get yards and a couple TDs. I guess it all depends on how your doing in your league too...if you are locked into playoffs already and no need to risk...then go with Manning. If you are looking for a big "W" and need to score some points, take the chance and go with Kitna. In my situation, I'd probably be playing Kitna. Luckily I have Derek Anderson starting for me so I don't have to make that choice...whew!!

Good luck and Happy Thanksgiving.

I'm currently sat in a playoff spot in 4th overall, but with the league being so tight i need all the points i can get.

The way im seeing it is both will have good games so i can't lose, and i'm currently starting Kitna in what i hope will be a shootout.

But then if Culpepper can put up stats like that against Minny, Eli Manning should light it up!

I'm so confused :D

Edited by Marshy

Well, against popular opinion (and common sense)....I actually like Kitna here. I think you're right. Detroit will be forced to pass, and pass alot to keep up with Green Bay in this one. That's not to say he won't throw a couple picks...but he'll also get yards and a couple TDs. I guess it all depends on how your doing in your league too...if you are locked into playoffs already and no need to risk...then go with Manning. If you are looking for a big "W" and need to score some points, take the chance and go with Kitna. In my situation, I'd probably be playing Kitna. Luckily I have Derek Anderson starting for me so I don't have to make that choice...whew!!

Good luck and Happy Thanksgiving.

(Picked up Schaub just as Kitna's schedule starts to get rough...whew!!)

Kitna. New York's defense should be able to contain Minny's running game, and Minny has no passing game, so there will not be alot of points scored, meaning New York can be fairly conservative on offense. Meanwhile, Kitna will have to go to the air alot, both because their running game is sketchy, and because the Packers will score a TON of points against Detroit's defense. The only way I would start Eli over Kitna is if you are penalized for INTs by your QB, since Kitna is bound to throw 2-3 of them.

Edited by SLGRAF