[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Talking Trade... to set up for the playoffs

CatskillWolf

As of tomorrow our rosters will be locked and we will no longer be able to pickup or trade. I am leading my division 10-1 and I am talking trade with someone that has no chance at the playoffs.

Here is my reasoning... I have Brady (who has carried this team to the top) But will he spend more time on the Patriots bench when I need him in the playoffs. ( I'm thinking as long as they stay undefeated he will be out there) I have Hassleback as my backup and my WR's have been hit and miss all season. Steve Smith is killing me there.

I am talking to this owner about Brees & Colston for Hassleback and...... either Coles, Hackett, or Crayton... or he may be more interested in a draft pick next year. (10 team keeper league, we keep 2 players)

Should I just stay put or make a move?

My Roster ...

QB Brady, Hassleback

RB Edge, Westbrook, Dayne, Buckhalter, De Williams

WR Holt, S. Smith, Hackett, Coles, Crayton

TE Sheffler, Crumpler

K Stover, Elam

DEF/ST Patriots, Seahawks

With out elaborating to much....Stay put.

Brady and Westbrook should carry you pretty good. If you really want to chase a wideout go after Wes Welker or some NE receiver. They throw enough TD's for everyone. Also, Cleveland has an easy end of the year schedule and Anderson is throwing great right now..so trying to steal a Braylon Edwards or even Jurevicious isn't a bad idea either.

(Wish I had Brady...you rock!!!)

I don't see New England sitting their guys to much...atleast, they haven't in the past....even if they decide too...they'll let them play for a half...heck that's atleast 3-4 TDs right there...LOL

Good luck and Happy Thanksgiving.

I think that if you could unload Hasselback and Crayton or Coles I'd do it...but I'd be hesitant to get rid of Hackett though. Coles probably won't be as productive when he comes back, and Crayton's stock is dropping. But, you could get burnt if Coles has a good second half after recovering from his ankle sprain. Either way...it's kind of a wash. Staying put wouldn't be a bad idea.

I just can't see the other owner accepting Hasselback and Crayton or Coles for Brees and Colston. I know I wouldn't do it.

Best of luck

Answer mine

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=232741

Edited by joeyb7