[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So what games are yall playin'....

rocknrobn26

Got Motorstorm w/ it...Meh

D/L'd a Blazing Angels demo...pretty cool.

Am thinking about:

GodFather:Don's Edition

MOH:Airborne

I probably won't do much online gaming, we'll see.

On the PC I've done the whole C&C series,COD1several, MOH several.

Any other suggestions?

for online gaming...check out warhawk...it's not like all those fast-paced shoot em up games...

you can fly a warhawk or drive a jeep...or just sit in the passenger seat or get in the back with the stationary gun...

or drive a tank...or pop out the top of the tank and shoot people...

or just go on foot like a lunatic...

also...instead of Medal of Honor...which is an excellent choice...I am hearing Call of Duty 4 is even better...

Uncharted: Drakes Fortune is a great game...but you have to want to play that type of game and it seems like it may not be your forte...

I have Resistance: Fall of Man(havent played it that much but it is pretty good)

also have Motostorm which is awesome(but have only played it a couple of times)

I D/L the F1 racing game and that seems pretty awesome....probably will add that in the future

the other game i have is Ridge Racer which is very cool but like the others i just dont have the time

to play it much.

just got mine a little over a month ago, so far i've only bought resistance:fall of man, and the 2k all-pro football thing. resistance is a great game if you're into first-person shooters....i'm currently most of the way through my second time (on hardest difficulty). the football game is alright, but i haven't really gotten into it. it's not a big enough improvement over nfl 2k5 for me to feel like it's worthwhile investing the time to get good, and sports games kinda suck to me anyway.

the ones i am REALLY looking forward to are the new ratchet and clank (a kids game, but still FUN) and assassin's creed. from their playable demos, which impressed me, i am also thinking about getting dirt (the rally-racing game) and uncharted: drake's fortune.

just got mine a little over a month ago, so far i've only bought resistance:fall of man, and the 2k all-pro football thing. resistance is a great game if you're into first-person shooters....i'm currently most of the way through my second time (on hardest difficulty). the football game is alright, but i haven't really gotten into it. it's not a big enough improvement over nfl 2k5 for me to feel like it's worthwhile investing the time to get good, and sports games kinda suck to me anyway.

the ones i am REALLY looking forward to are the new ratchet and clank (a kids game, but still FUN) and assassin's creed. from their playable demos, which impressed me, i am also thinking about getting dirt (the rally-racing game) and uncharted: drake's fortune.

Resistance is almost a must have if you life 1st person shooters...

ratchet and clank is equivelant to one of them animated movies...it's like a cinema that you play...I've only played the demo, though...

Assassins Creed is fun for awhile, but then it gets repetitive in the objectives aspect.....I mean it gets repetitive fast....but I still like playing it because I like the game itself.....it is just almost impossible to die....

I have Resistance: Fall of Man(havent played it that much but it is pretty good)

I D/L the F1 racing game and that seems pretty awesome....probably will add that in the future

the other game i have is Ridge Racer which is very cool but like the others i just dont have the time

to play it much.

yeah I have like 6 games and haven't beat any of them....except Resistance because it was my 1st game awhile ago...

I got rid of Ridge Racer quick because I suckt at it....

I couldn't even get in the top 3 of the 1st race ......I was pathetic...

yeah I have like 6 games and haven't beat any of them....except Resistance because it was my 1st game awhile ago...

I got rid of Ridge Racer quick because I suckt at it....

I couldn't even get in the top 3 of the 1st race ......I was pathetic...

when i did play RR i sucked at first but after a bit i got pretty good but then if i didnt play again for a month it was like starting over....but when you get the drifting down it is pretty damn cool

when i did play RR i sucked at first but after a bit i got pretty good but then if i didnt play again for a month it was like starting over....but when you get the drifting down it is pretty damn cool

yeah...I NEVER got the drifting down...

my best race landed me in 4th place and I managed to get into 3rd early on...

i'm still really just waiting for gran turismo 5. i've been a hugh fan of GT since the first one on the old playstation. on GT4 i've completed everything except for gold medal scores on a few license tests and the last, ridiculously hard driving challenge. the only thing that sucks about gt4 is the dirt racing.

i'm still really just waiting for gran turismo 5. i've been a hugh fan of GT since the first one on the old playstation. on GT4 i've completed everything except for gold medal scores on a few license tests and the last, ridiculously hard driving challenge. the only thing that sucks about gt4 is the dirt racing.

i think that i D/L the demo of that and it was pretty cool but for me i liked the F1 demo better, just personal preference is all

i downloaded the F1 demo as well, and was actually kind of disappointed with it. i was probably going to buy the game before, but playing the demo actually swayed me in the opposite direction. the handling just seemed very "arcade-y" and unrealistic, the F1 cars in GT4 (for ps2) actually felt more "real" to me.

but, you know, i'm thinking i should try that F1 demo again and see if there are ways to turn off some of the "driving aids" and such, maybe i will like it better.

i downloaded the F1 demo as well, and was actually kind of disappointed with it. i was probably going to buy the game before, but playing the demo actually swayed me in the opposite direction. the handling just seemed very "arcade-y" and unrealistic, the F1 cars in GT4 (for ps2) actually felt more "real" to me.

but, you know, i'm thinking i should try that F1 demo again and see if there are ways to turn off some of the "driving aids" and such, maybe i will like it better.

I have the same thing going on....and I think GT5 is going to be plain nasty...

of course based on what keggerz said...this is why both of these games are available....not everyone is going to like both....

to play it much.

The car racing games are OK, but I played Motorstorm for a few hours and I had a hard time complleteing the first lap! :D

Maybe I should :wacko: , but I like slow place stuff once in awhile. I was considering Lemmings! :D It was great on my old 386 system. :D

But put a good FPS that requires some strategy and is non-linear, lookout! :D

Keep 'em coming, and thanks!

i cant remember exactly but there are some "aids" that i believe you can turn off

The car racing games are OK, but I played Motorstorm for a few hours and I had a hard time complleteing the first lap! :D

Maybe I should :wacko: , but I like slow place stuff once in awhile. I was considering Lemmings! :D It was great on my old 386 system. :D

the Motorstorm demo I played was funny...because I can bust up all over the place and still finish in 1st...

others...I just bust up all over the place...end of story...

Got Motorstorm w/ it...Meh

D/L'd a Blazing Angels demo...pretty cool.

Am thinking about:

GodFather:Don's Edition

MOH:Airborne

I probably won't do much online gaming, we'll see.

On the PC I've done the whole C&C series,COD1several, MOH several.

Any other suggestions?

shooters: the orange box is a great value (half-life 2, plus two expansions, plus portal, which was a ton of fun, plus team fortress 2, an online multiplayer shooter). CoD4 was great, too, but the single-player campaign was pretty short (online makes it worth it, if you're into that). rainbow six vegas is another excellent shooter (you have two teammates you can give orders to, so it's more tactical), as are the other tom clancy games: ghost recon advanced warfighter 2 (military tactical) and splinter cell: double agent (stealth shooter).

platformers: ratchet & clank is a great game with a lot of variety in the gameplay. it looks kiddie-like but there's plenty of appeal for adults. the simpsons game was also pretty fun, but more enjoyable if you're a fan of the show.

action/adventure: assassin's creed looks great and has easy-to-learn controls, but like avernus said it can get repetitive. uncharted: drake's fortune (third-person shooter/adventure) and heavenly sword (hack-and-slash) are worth checking out, too, although heavenly sword is pretty short.

i would try rainbow six vegas and/or ghost recon 2, then. both require strategy without confining you to hallways and tiny rooms.

playin lately: uncharted: drakes fortune for the 3rd time through....call of duty 4.....assassins creed(so boring)....soon: UT3 and orange box

playin lately(ps2 games on the ps3): KOF11, guilty gear xx accent core, fire pro wrestling returns and metal gear solid 3(100000000000th time)

if you like online gaming.......get call of duty...there's no better multiplayer game...period

and r&c isn't really a kids game.......it's cartoony but not kidish

i suppose that's true, but i've always found the past games to be fairly easy (at least on a surface level, more skill is involved in collecting all of this or that), but FUN. with the cartoony aspects, sort of the definition of a kiddish game to me. they're the games i'll pop in if my 8 year-old nephew comes over and we want to distract him. to me, calling it a "kids game" isn't really a negative in any way.

while i'm thinking about it, i have to say....i like all the ratchet and clank games i've come across (the two latest ps2 games), but if we're talking about platformers, i LOVED the jak and daxter games i've played (jak2 and jak3). the stories are very non-linear with these expansive environments, where at any given time there are at least 4 or 5 different things you could be doing, from "tasks" that move the game plot along, to countless fun mini-games, to just exploring. r&c tries to do the same sort of thing, but not quite as effectively IMO.

FWIW...............................I have been a long time gamer. Back to my C-64, first PC w/ Wolfenstien, Then Doom, etc. Always using the mouse, keys, and arrow pad. But DAYUM, this PS3 controller is giving me fits! :D I'm getting better day by day, but there is definitely a learning curve here. Maybe the sling/pillow thing attached to my left arm ain't helpin'. So was at Target yesterday and bought MOH: Vanguard. Cheap and I thought it would ease me into learning the controller. Not bad but I am playing at the <-> level. :D Tips???