[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

HR ONLY UPDATE

msaint

OK, we did our draft order and I pick 6th.

Assuming the top 4 are Bonds, Sosa, ARod, Helton...depending on who the #5 owner takes, I will most likely be looking at choice of: Manny, Vladdy, Giambi, Jr. Griffey, Delgado, Thome, Bagwell, L. Gonzalez, J. Gonzalez, S.Green.

Who would you take at #6? Thanks.

Guest FlyPattern

No on Manny for me. He is a headcase. OK...so he's headcase who jacks but he will spend time nursing a sore cuticle at some point.

Go with Giambi, Glaus or Griffey!!

Guest Azazello13

griffey's definitely the guy with the most HR potential, probably only behind sosa and maybe bonds and a-rod. but he's been kind of flakey the last couple years. if i'm at 6, manny is the guy i'm looking at hard. glaus would be another guy worth looking at because he plays a position that produces fewer HRs.

i want to see lugo hit 50 again before i consider him one of the top 10 HR hitters in the game. green and thome will probably be good for around 40-45, but not much more than that. they're all solid anchors, but not one of the best 6 choices, IMO.

Agreed. Manny could go 50+ this year, and if both he and Griffey are there I'll have a tough choice, but I have this feeling that the guy at #5 is going to take Manny. If so, I'll take Junior. If not, I'll be happy with Manny. I think Griffey has that "I'm proving everyone wrong this year" kind of attitude going into this season, and could come close to 60, esp. with Dunn in there for a full season.

Guest FlyPattern

I pick at #4 in my HR Pool and am leaning toward Helton. But I will give a hard look at Griffey and Glaus. I am figuring Sosa, Bonds and ARod will be gone. Griffey will have to hit 50+ on his ability and talent because he is backed by Dunn, Casey and Juan Encarnacion. Not exactly Murderers Row of the Ohio.

That's what mine is looking like, too..

1. Sosa/Bonds, 3. ARod, 4. Helton...then it's up in the air. I think the guy in front of me will take Manny. Yeah, the Cincy lineup around Griff isn't all that great power-wise other than Dunn, but then again Sosa had Matt Stairs and Ricky Guitterez last year and still had monster HR #s. Both griffey and Manny are due to sit out a bit with injuries at some point, but I think I gotta go with one of those guys at #6. Thome will be pitched around, ditto for Green w/o Sheffield, I'm not totally sold on LuGonzalez and think #6 is a little high, but I might crack at the last second and hope for another 50+ season. Glaus doesn't have squat around him either, and I see him as a 40-45 HR guy, a good late 1st-early 2nd round guy. Questions:

What do you guys think of Raffy? Every year I expect him to peter out, and every year he rocks. Too old to risk at #6 but he should have another 40-45+ season.

Giambi: is he a 40 HR guy and that's about it? That right field fence in NY is tempting.

Sexson: Tough to take at #6 but man can this guy jack it. He should be near 50 again. #6 overall too early for him?

LuGonzalez: Why wouldn't he hit 55+ again? Ariz. has the same lineup aorund him, and it might even get better if they give Durazo the time he deserves?

Juan Gone: what do you see him doing this year? Could he hit 45 again in that TEX lineup?