[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

HR ONLY: Do I make this deal?

msaint

Any of you guys who were around last year know that my bread and butter was making trades where I gave up two good players for one great one. Not a breakthrough strategy, but amazing how many other owners will go for it if they need depth, etc. and it led me to the league title. Have another 2-for-1 possibility to start the season:

I give: T.Batista and M.Ensberg.

I get: B.Giles.

On paper, I'm giving up potentially 30 from Batista and 25 from Ensberg, and getting 35-38 from Giles. BUT...which Batista will show up this year? The 41 HR Batista from 1999 or the semi train wreck from the last two years. And though Ensberg looks promising, and I'm dying to prove I was a genius for drafting him, can you count on a rookie to pop 25-30 dingers even in Astros field (OK, other than Pujols)?

Lineup before (not counting injuries): Griffey, Sexson, Berkman, Cruz Jr., Batista, Dye, Hunter, Gibbons, CJohnson, Ensberg. Bench: Buchanan, Hinske, Olerud, T.Hall.

After: Griffey, Sexson, Berkman, Giles, Cruz Jr., Dye, Hunter, Gibbons, CJohnson, Buchanan. Bench: Hinske, Olerud, T.Hall.

Also, Might offer Dye/Ensberg for Giles, because I think Dye is going to tank this year. Do you like that offer better?

I know this is long, so thanks for reading.

[ 03-27-2002: Message edited by: msaint ]

Guest FlyPattern

Is your league one where every player counts? If so I would accept your deal. Batista is having a nice spring and Morgan has won the 3B job. So I would say "Give them up to me!!"

My draft just happened...20 guys in Pool and we pick 7 guys but 5 count.

I have Griffey, Burrell, Konerko, Carlos Lee, Jose Ortiz, Travis Lee and Vernon Wells.

We draft 14 players and start 10 each week. Naturally, the same 7 or 8 guys start each week, and then I might sub in someone who's e.g. playing at Coors or Astros field, etc. In this deal, I would be getting Giles...my reasoning being that Giles tops Batista and one of my subs could at least equal Ensberg...but I think I might hold off until I see how Ensberg starts.

Your squad looks good. I also drafted Griffey 1st round, think he has a comeback year with 45-50 HRs. Konerko is a monster this spring, Burrell should finaly click this year, and Ortiz could surprise in Coors with 25 dingers....