[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

SF homers

Bill Swerski

Apologies if this has already been posted before. I keep hearing about this "war" between Alex Smith and Mike Nolan in the news segment on ESPN Radio. Apparently Smith told a newspaper that Nolan was "undermining" him in the locker room by telling his teammates that he was blaming his play on injuries. Any more info out there?

Apologies if this has already been posted before. I keep hearing about this "war" between Alex Smith and Mike Nolan in the news segment on ESPN Radio. Apparently Smith told a newspaper that Nolan was "undermining" him in the locker room by telling his teammates that he was blaming his play on injuries. Any more info out there?

I hear this everyday on the sports talk radio here in the SF Bay Area. There is a wide rift between Nolan and Smith now. The Yorks (owners) are unlikely to cut ties with either of them and just ride out contracts regardless of the bad blood. Nolan is somewhat of a prideful person so Alex Smith going to the media and saying what he did really pissed off Nolan. Nolan is telling the media that Smith is the guy, assuming he's healthy.....but most of the local media feels that Smiths days are numbered and Nolan will probably look elsewhere for a starting QB for next year. The local media is mostly blaming the O Coordinator, Hostler (sp?) for the 9ers lack of offense....which I agree with.