[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kiffin Next?

keggerz

And this is why we Raider fans love you Charger fans. Decades of mediocrity from that franchise, disapointing seasons and wasted HofF players have amounted to 1 AFC Championship in 40+ years. And now as the team enters another downward spiral of wasted opportunities and brilliant coaching hires/fires, fellas like McBoog talk about OTHER teams msierable ownership and GM?!!? Hillarious, it must hurt so bad to be a Charger fan that you still cling to this fantasy that you are an elite team in the AFC West, nevermind the NFL.

Go Turnerball!

Agreed.

Turner is our old trash that took our team downhill. (Continuing Bill Calahan's great job)

We'll gladly let him do the same to you.

AFC West since the AFL-NFL Merger

--------------------------------------------

Oakland Raiders: 5 Superbowl Appearences / 3 Superbowl Victories

Denver Broncos: 6 Superbowl Appearences / 2 Superbowl Victories

Kansas City Cheifs: 2 Superbowl Appearences / 1 Superbowl Victory

San Diego Chargers: 1 Superbowl Appearence/ ZERO Superbowl Victories

Chargers are still the worst team in the AFC West, let alone one of the worst franchises in the league over the past 40 years. Until you guys win a ONE SINGLE Superbowl :D ....shut your pie-hole :D

Easy for Charger fans to hate when their team is quickly falling apart and Raider's are slowly coming together.

Must be hard to see the best talent your team is going to see in the next 20 years not even make it to the Superbowl.

Back to Kiffin however, it would definitely not be a step forward for the Raiders to have another new HC next year, I really felt like Kiffin was making a difference for the players - maybe not the best coach in the world, but better than what the Raiders have had recently.

It is soooooo easy to get you guys to crawl out of your holes. :wacko::D

Like poking a stick at a hornets nest (that have lost their stingers) :D

Obviously he is happy with winning throughout the season and choking when it counts the most. Hey if that's what you like more power to you. I am glad though to see Turner is really going to keep up your team tradition! Enjoy the playoffs... :D

http://www.insidebayarea.com/raiders/ci_7709309

Kiffin says it again: He's not looking

By Steve Corkran, STAFF WRITER

Article Last Updated: 12/13/2007 02:36:08 AM PST

ALAMEDA — Time and again, Raiders coach Lane Kiffin was asked in recent weeks about his name being linked to the coaching vacancy at the University of Arkansas. Each time, he said there was nothing to the published reports.

Still, the rumor persisted until Atlanta Falcons coach Bobby Petrino resigned Tuesday and accepted the Arkansas job. That prompted even more Kiffin mentions, though nary a single one cited a named source.

"I never had any contact with the University of Arkansas or any college about any job at all," Kiffin said Wednesday. "I've done nothing but prepare my team for the upcoming game."

One published report said Kiffin slammed doors and cursed upon learning of Petrino getting the Arkansas job. Naturally, the report was unattributed, citing "an industry source."

Huh?

When asked if he had any desire to take a college coaching job at any point, Kiffin said: "No, no. I'm coaching the Raiders and getting us ready to play. I don't have any idea where all that information came from."

More Rumours

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football...rk.html?ref=rss

Quote:

COACH TALK: The rumor mill is churning with potential coaching changes around the league. One to watch: Longtime Bucs defensive coordinator Monte Kiffin will be a free agent, and there's speculation he may go to the Raiders to work under his son, Lane Kiffin. How would that affect the Jets? If Kiffin goes to Oakland, it presumably would free up Raiders coordinator Rob Ryan, who is extremely close to Mangini. Hmmm.