[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NY Hurlers ...

Roy

I am holding on to Estes and Lilly on my bench, hoping for a mid-season turn in circumstances (start winning and make a starting rotation, respectively). Any thoughts on their viability?

I'm not really an authority on Lilly, but I can certainly speak on Shawn Estes, having had him twice before. Estes is the most inconsistent and frustrating pitcher to own in Fantasy Baseball IMHO. He's truly a Jeckyll and Hyde act; one day he's throwing a eight inning shutout (and helping his own cause with the bat, too), and the next game, he's walking seven batters in a three-inning debacle. In a 5X5 league, he will simply kill you from a WHIP standpoint. My advice if you intend to keep him is to use him very judiciously, preferably against weaker hitting teams.

Guest FlyPattern

I am a fan of the Yankees. Lilly will never win more than 10 games ever. That may be a stretch, too. I kinda like him but he is a guy who relys on control and I would definitely not worry if I were you if you can cut him loose. I'll bet your waiver wire has good pitchers available.

List some for us. Is Carlos Hernandez available? How about Damian Moss?