[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Right to Bear Arms

DemonKnight

I was reading the paper at lunch and came across this story.

The confrontation unfolded in the afternoon when Borowsky and Lonzisero got into a dispute with Labidou because they objected to his driving, said Mike Jachles, a Broward Sheriff's Office spokesman. They forced Labidou to stop by blocking him in with their truck near the intersection of Powerline Road and Green Road.

Both men acted aggressively and shouted racial obscenities at Labidou — making the case a hate crime, Jachles said. Witnesses told detectives Lonzisero, who is 6 feet tall and 350 pounds, kicked Labidou's door and demanded that he get out.

Labidou, who has a concealed-weapons permit, pulled his gun and fired several shots. He hit both men, they fell to the ground, and he called 911. Labidou acted in self-defense and will not be charged, Jachles said.

Lonzisero has been charged with felony murder and could face life in prison because investigators say he was an accomplice in the crime that led to the shooting. Under state law, partners-in-crime can be charged with murder even if they do not fire the fatal shot or deal the lethal blow.

Okay so having a concealed permit is also a permit to act like a dlck on the road without fear of rebuke apparently. Dont get me wrong, gettin outa your car, calling the other driver a "nig" and kicking his door is over the top but is it punishable by death? According to the "Stand Your Ground" law passed here in Florida in '05 this dude doesnt even have to make an attempt to get out of harms way. Even though this guy is in a 2000 pound car! He doesnt even have to hit reverse! As if the death pentalty wasnt enough for one of these boneheads now the survivor of this murder is going to face life in prison for his buddies death.

I am all for the right to bear arms and the concealed permit laws but this is wrong on so many levels.

P.S. Its also a "hate crime" because the dude used the "N" word while he was bangin on the drivers door. I have used the "N" word in anger when in a fight before not because I am a bigot but because I want my words to cause as much harm as they possibly can and rattle my opponent. I have also been called things like "fag", "honkey" and the like while in a fight and never have I taken it as someone being a bigot. This country's legal system is outa control.

I was reading the paper at lunch and came across this story.

Okay so having a concealed permit is also a permit to act like a dlck on the road without fear of rebuke apparently. Dont get me wrong, gettin outa your car, calling the other driver a "nig" and kicking his door is over the top but is it punishable by death? According to the "Stand Your Ground" law passed here in Florida in '05 this dude doesnt even have to make an attempt to get out of harms way. Even though this guy is in a 2000 pound car! He doesnt even have to hit reverse! As if the death pentalty wasnt enough for one of these boneheads now the survivor of this murder is going to face life in prison for his buddies death.

I am all for the right to bear arms and the concealed permit laws but this is wrong on so many levels.

P.S. Its also a "hate crime" because the dude used the "N" word while he was bangin on the drivers door. I have used the "N" word in anger when in a fight before not because I am a bigot but because I want my words to cause as much harm as they possibly can and rattle my opponent. I have also been called things like "fag", "honkey" and the like while in a fight and never have I taken it as someone being a bigot. This country's legal system is outa control.

These guys got exactly what they deserved and this is the perfect example for why people should have the right to bear arms! Two guys block my car and get out to extract me from my car and beat the sh*t out of me; I can either defend myself or take off in my "2000 pound" car, which would probably result in a high speed chase endangering other people and myself.

The guys that approached the car also had other options, like call and report the aggressive driving and go on about their day! I am guilty of a little road rage here and there, but I sure as hell wouldn't get out of the car with my buddy and both of us try to "get the guy."

These guys got exactly what they deserved and this is the perfect example for why people should have the right to bear arms! Two guys block my car and get out to extract me from my car and beat the sh*t out of me; I can either defend myself or take off in my "2000 pound" car, which would probably result in a high speed chase endangering other people and myself.

The guys that approached the car also had other options, like call and report the aggressive driving and go on about their day! I am guilty of a little road rage here and there, but I sure as hell wouldn't get out of the car with my buddy and both of us try to "get the guy."

So should the survivor face life in prison as well?

Uh, you left out the part where these two guys pulled out knives and were trying to open up the car doors. Those two pieces of trash got what they deserved.

I change my mind the guy should do life in light of this little tidbit!! Maybe, in prison he will develop a love for chocolate... because he's going to be getting a lot of back door chocolate deliveries when the inmates hear this story!

Uh, you left out the part where these two guys pulled out knives and were trying to open up the car doors. Those two pieces of trash got what they deserved.

It was a knife for christ sakes. Hes in a car. Hit friggin reverse! In no way is your life in danger. I would never behave the way these two did under any circumstances. I think the driver should face charges though. He is not a police officer. He is in no way charged with "punishing" criminals and is unqualified to do so. If his life was in danger then I agree he should have every right to defend himself. In this case it wasnt.

It was a knife for christ sakes. Hes in a car. Hit friggin reverse! In no way is your life in danger. I would never behave the way these two did under any circumstances. I think the driver should face charges though. He is not a police officer. He is in no way charged with "punishing" criminals and is unqualified to do so. If his life was in danger then I agree he should have every right to defend himself. In this case it wasnt.

So you should put it in reverse and endanger other people, during what will probably become a moving road rage incident?

No, that's a good point. It's not like they could break the windows or anything. I've changed my mind.

You have a warped sense of what "life in danger" means.

Put it in reverse endangers others how? Pull away and call the cops. Easy as that.

These guys are willing to pull in front of you and block your vehicle, get out with knives and try to pull you out of your car! They sure as hell aren't going to watch you pull away, the odds are that they are going to get back in their vehicle and chase you. :D

Put it in reverse endangers others how? Pull away and call the cops. Easy as that.

When faced with life threatening situations there are two types of people. Those who fight and those who flight. This man decided to defend his life against two extremely agressive attackers wielding deadly weapons. He was well within his right and is the only victim in this story.

These guys are willing to pull in front of you and block your vehicle, get out with knives and try to pull you out of your car! They sure as hell aren't going to watch you pull away, the odds are that they are going to get back in their vehicle and chase you. :D

All the while the I am on the phone with 911 and the cops are closing in. :D

When faced with life threatening situations there are two types of people. Those who fight and those who flight. This man decided to defend his life against two extremely agressive attackers wielding deadly weapons. He was well within his right and is the only victim in this story.

Well, for your sake, I hope you never get into a scuffle with someone with a concealed weapons permit who decides you are a threat to his life. This is a slippery slope toward the wild west.

Well, for your sake, I hope you never get into a scuffle with someone with a concealed weapons permit who decides you are a threat to his life. This is a slippery slope toward the wild west.

For your sake, I hope you never get chased down and blocked in by guys with knifes who think your driving sucks.

All the while the I am on the phone with 911 and the cops are closing in. :D

Great ... and while you are involved in, now, a moving road rage incident they could ram your car then pull your sorry ass out! Or better yet you hit some innocent person or family while "calling and waiting" for the cops, then you would be the one charged with manslaughter! :D