[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How do you rate the candidates...

Duchess Jack

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, for somebody who lives right there, I thought that his contributions would've been a little more obvious.

You'd think so. Maybe the issue isn't as black and white as you are painting it.

I don't consider Nagin a "colossal failure" given the rampant corruption present both in NOLA and LA politics. IIRC, Federal funding to bolster the levees was misappropriated years before Katrina. He was in a pretty bad situation to begin with.

Another reason why compairing him to Nagin might not be a good idea. Excluding 'my pet goat' it is clear that the federal government moved a little more quicky with NYC than they did with NO.

dude's got a lot more of a record to run on (as longtime mayor of the biggest city, us attorney, etc) than half the republicans and pretty much all of the democrats.

Maybe but one of the knocks on Obama is lack of experience at assorted levels - I'd argue that Rudy is in pretty much the same boat. Certainly they both are when it comes to foreign policy.

Maybe but one of the knocks on Obama is lack of experience at assorted levels - I'd argue that Rudy is in pretty much the same boat.

Rudy worked as a highly-successful prosecutor in NY for almost 20 years and was the mayor of the largest city in America for 8 years. Obama was a State Senator for 8 years and has been a U.S. Senator for 3 years. I guess it depends on how one defines "experience." Obama probably has more true political experience, with Rudy's being longer and more diverse.

Certainly they both are when it comes to foreign policy.

McCain is really the only one who has credibility here, IMO. Although I believe that Thompson tried to prosecute Al Qaeda operatives on a couple episodes of Law & Order.

Maybe but one of the knocks on Obama is lack of experience at assorted levels - I'd argue that Rudy is in pretty much the same boat. Certainly they both are when it comes to foreign policy.

"We are electing judgment and character, not years on this earth," said Kerry, who added that Obama, an opponent of the Iraq war, was "right about the war in Iraq from the beginning."

Another reason why compairing him to Nagin might not be a good idea. Excluding 'my pet goat' it is clear that the federal government moved a little more quicky with NYC than they did with NO.

The FDNY and NYPD were the ones who dealt with the vast majority of the immediate aftermath of the Twin Towers, not the Feds. Also remember that the Federal government was also dealing with the Pentagon at the same time as the Twin Towers.

I honestly don't think that Nagin is that much less competent than the mayor of the average medium-to-large city in America. In a time of crisis, it's all about leadership and showing the victims that you actually care about them. Rudy was helping out at Ground Zero and was all over the city listening and doing what he could to help. I didn't see Nagin doing that in NO.

Edited by Bill Swerski

This could be fun. :D

Ghey Monkeys Are Fabulous Barristers :D

Geisha Makes Another Flaming Brulee

Glenda Models Authentic Feather Boas

Glorify My Abs, Flabby Boy!

Edited by SheikYerbuti