[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Access database question

Chief Dick

I'm building a database and trying to make a column that lists the Date Sold for when I sold a customer a furnace or AC. I just need to input the month and year.

I try to go to the input mask and set it up that way, but when I enter the data as 12/2006, it comes up in the database as 12/1/2006.

Is there any way to set it up where it will only read the month and year? Such as 12/2006? Or even 12/06 would be better.

Any help is appreciated.

I'm building a database and trying to make a column that lists the Date Sold for when I sold a customer a furnace or AC. I just need to input the month and year.

I try to go to the input mask and set it up that way, but when I enter the data as 12/2006, it comes up in the database as 12/1/2006.

Is there any way to set it up where it will only read the month and year? Such as 12/2006? Or even 12/06 would be better.

Any help is appreciated.

Don't set it as a date field, set it as a text field with an input mask.

Don't set it as a date field, set it as a text field with an input mask.

yeah, that's the easy way. just do a text field and enter the dates in a year-month-day format (2008-01-22, or 2006-12) and it will always sort correctly if you need it to.

it seems like you might also be able to do something like 12/??/2006. i dunno, there are definitely ways to set up ambiguous dates and date ranges and all of that, but i've always just done it the way cid suggests, as a text field.

Edited by Azazello1313