[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fantasy Baseball Keeper Help

herbwildwood

Hi All,

I am entering the second year of a 12 team daily H2H league with weekly matchups. 11 scoring categories are AVG , HR , RBI , R , SB , OPS , W , S , ERA , WHIP , ERA , K. We start C 1B 2B 3B SS OF OF OF U U SP SP RP RP SP/RP SP/RP SP/RP SP/RP. Rosters were 23 active 2 IR but we are looking to expand to 27/3 for 2008

My team, with keepers marked*

C: B. Molina

1B: D. Lee*, Youkilis*

2B: Utley*, Sanchez

3B: C. Jones*

SS: Rollins*

OF: Abreu*, Byrnes*, Pierre*, Victorino*

DH: F. Thomas

SP: Bedard*, Haren*, Harang*, Sheets*, K. Escobar*, McGowan*, Westbrook,

RP: Lidge, Accardo, B. Wilson

Any thoughts on my keeper selection would be much appreciated. Should I consider keeping Lidge? Accardo? I found cheap saves all of last year, getting both of them off waivers, so I would think not. Should I keep all of those SP's or another hitter? I have been trying to trade one of my SP's for a power bat, as I think my team is a bit light hitting, but no takers yet.

Edited by herbwildwood

pitching is fine--as you said power is lacking--your main asset are stolen bases--1st person traded should be Pierre checkout the other teams you are bound to fine one severely lacking in this category--Pierre also might be sharing time even though he is making the big smackeroos==if you have to double up Pierre with a starter and try to get a promising bat that way, then heaven forbid keep Lidge along with the traded for player

Pierre and Victorino are the players I have been trying to move. Like you said, SB are my main asset. Last year I finished 20-4 and consistantly won SB, R, W, K and easily picked up another two random categoried to pull out wins. I think I have a well balanced team and can win any category on any given week, but lack consistancy in the power dept. I have a lot of 5-tool players, but no studs in the power categories. My lineup desperately needs a slugger.

A lot of guys on my squad contribute to my overall speed, so I hear what you are saying...with Kemp and Ethier coming up, Pierre is getting squeezed. No need for a pure speed guy who might not play that much. However, my overall constitution is built on speed and starting pitching, so it is a bit hard to get away from these strengths.

Regarding Pierre, I may as well try and get value for him now. Pierre and a SP for a top bat is not a bad idea, but it is not something I have proposed as a trade to my leaguemates yet. I think my SP's may offer more value after the draft or a few weeks/months into the season, so if I cannot swing a trade now I will roster the depth and trade to a poor pitching team for a bat midseason.

Also, I am the commish for this league so any keeper league rule suggestions are appreciated. I feel that keeper limits/contracts would be a good idea to promote parity, but need ideas on the structure of such. As commish, I have proposed expanding rosters to 30+, adding holds as a category for 2009 to even pitching/hitting categories, adding starting positions (i.e. CI, MI, U, another SP or RP) for 2009 and bumping the keeper list to 20ish. All moves are subject to leave vote and I am putting together a ballot to determine such changes.