[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wisconsin's next

Randall

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well you must have a direct pipeline into the Dean hatred (must be broadcast by the right wing talking heads)

No, not really. After Dean said, "I hate Republicans and everything they stand for" and "Most [Republicans] have never worked a day in their lives", I'm sure that one could've tuned into Rush or Hannity and heard the sound byte followed by two hours of ranting about how the leadership of the Democratic Party has been taken over by the left-wing MoveOn.org crowd. Or one could've tuned into CNN, heard the sound bye without the analysis, and come to that conclusion on one's own.

While Dean brings a lot of positives to the table (motivating and organizing young voters, for example), his skill set apparently does not include the ability to keep his cool and act like a professional while heading a major political party.

Edited by Bill Swerski

Bill,

A quick look at why the republican revolution happened in 1994 might show us why the Dems picked off less seats in 2006. First, there were more Dem Retirements in 1994. Clinton just own the Presidency last general election, but never garnered a majority....and they felt it was a good time to retire. However, it is much easier to pick up open seats than ones held by incumbents. Now fast forward to 2006. Almost every single Democratic pickup involved toppling an incumbent from the Republican side. Now, if you look at how many retirements are happening in the republican congressional districts....and some other vunerable repubs....then it is likely the Dems will pick up as many if not more than 2006. You simply cannot compare the two because situations were different.

That may be true, but Republicans defeated 34 incumbent Dems in the House in '94, which is pretty significant. It's not like they just waltzed in and picked up seats without significant challenge. Also, no Republican incumbent lost their seat. And speaking two completely different set of circumstances, the popularity of the White House and the Republican-controlled congress in '06 were at a low not seen since Nixon/Ford in the early/mid-'70s. That was certainly not the case for Dems in '94. I really thought that the Dems would establish a commanding lead in both houses back in '06 and am surprised that they didn't.

Just to say, I am not a big fan of governor Dean. He is in fact not an idiot. He may be misguided...but not an idiot. Bob Barr is an idiot. Led the impeachment of Clinton while he was getting his staff member an abortion the he impregnated while he was married. Now that is idiotic. Agreed?

I agree that Bob Barr is more of a scumbag than Dean.

Edited by Bill Swerski