[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Computer help

Furd

I converted the c: drive from an older computer into an external drive. I assumed that I could find email that was stored on that drive. I've exhausted my abilities (limited ones at that) trying to find these messages.

My current computer runs Vista with Windows Mail. The computer from which I took the C: drive was running some version of XP with Windows Mail.

Help a brother out?

TIA

Typically things are stored in the user's directory structure then under application specific directories. Therefore the default location would be something like:

C:\Documents and Settings\Furd\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Mail

I don't know the specific file used to place the mail in as I only use Outlook. However, it should be something close to that.

Typically things are stored in the user's directory structure then under application specific directories. Therefore the default location would be something like:

C:\Documents and Settings\Furd\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Mail

I don't know the specific file used to place the mail in as I only use Outlook. However, it should be something close to that.

Good advice!

Also, I'm not sure how "Windows Mail" works, but it has to come from a server. Example:

My email addy is from comcast. I use Outlook to read/send emails. I have an option w/ Comcast to leave a copy on the server (default) or have it sent to Outlook and erase them on the server. Who is your ISP and do you use their server for email? Or do you use Gmail or Yahoo mail's server? Either way they MAY still be on the server, in which case you should be able to D/L them to your new system.