[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Interesting Article in the paper today

Rebellab

I think his point is vaild. Even if he is overstating the problem. If the gas tax isn't increasing at the same level as inflation, doesn't that automatically make the revenue generated less valuable particularly when the money is used for maintenance?

Plus, seems to me most Americans are starting to see our nations' dependence on fossil fuels, foreign ones specifically, as bad. It's not good for the environment, it sponsors governments whose interests seem opposed to ours, its finite and our inabillity to function without it can force our nation into questionable foreign policy decisions it wouldn't otherwise have to make. If you watched that show on the History Channel - Crude (sponsored by Exxon if that matters) you coudln't have missed when that oil guy said the most pressing need for human civilization is to replace fossil fuels with renewable fuels.

Isn't it hard to justify our current dependence on fossil fuels other than the cost of alternatives? To me the revenue generating agencies should start planning for it now rather than wait until the last minute. To be debating the accuracy of the govenor's #s seems to be missing his point.