[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If you have iTunes. . .

SheikYerbuti

Is this better?

I Have Been In You

Flakes

Broken Hearts Are For A$$holes

I'm So Cute

Jones Crusher

What Ever Happened

Rat Tomago

Wait A Minute

Bobby Brown Goes Down

Rubber Shirt

Some REALLY good songs in there. Man, I haven't listened to that album in about 10 years. I really should. It's so friggin good. The guitar work in Rat Tomago is burning. . . Jones Crusher is so funny "She's a Jones Crusher, jones crusher. Deadly jaws, better get the gauze!" That's just great writing. Not to mention Jewish Princess, Wild Love, Dancing Fool, City of Tiny Lights . . .OK that's it, I gotta go put it on the iPod.

I can just imagine Ocean Size followed up by Bach Sonata #5 in C major, followed by Black Sheep, followed by 'Round Midnight....

That's exactly how I have mine set up at the moment. I'm usually jumping between Gregorian Chant, then some System of a Down, then Japanese Shakuhachi, then some Irish folk music, then Radiohead, then some Beethoven, then some John Zorn. I love the juxtaposition of styles. It's the only thing that keeps me awake when I'm in a 10 hour poker session.

My wife and I both utilize this list, but I've indoctrinated her to my way of thinking.... (for the most part) :wacko:

Evil - Interpol

C'mon C'mon - Von Bondies

Hands Open - Snow Patrol

Throw it Away - Juke Kartel

Mr. Brightside - The Killers

Heartspark Dollarsign - Everclear

Everything - Buckcherry

Misery Business - Paramore

Slow Hands - Interpol

Rock (Superstar) - Cypress Hill

Some REALLY good songs in there. Man, I haven't listened to that album in about 10 years. I really should. It's so friggin good. The guitar work in Rat Tomago is burning. . . Jones Crusher is so funny "She's a Jones Crusher, jones crusher. Deadly jaws, better get the gauze!" That's just great writing. Not to mention Jewish Princess, Wild Love, Dancing Fool, City of Tiny Lights . . .OK that's it, I gotta go put it on the iPod.

Well, it is your namesake...

my iphone doesn't sort that way, and if i did it on my PC it would be meaningless since i never really listen to music there.

i've just loaded a bunch of random stuff on my phone, mostly stuff that's fairly low-key and mellow since i mostly listen at work. loaded a ton of african stuff, about 10 cds worth of mbira music alone. also a bunch of minimalist classical stuff -- terry riley, steve reich, philip glass. i tend to load boxed sets, i guess because i'm lazy...want to pick an "album" to listen to and put on shuffle, but don't want to change it every hour. so...complete herbie nichols on blue note, complete thelonious monk on blue note, complete miles davis quintet 65-68, complete bitches brew sessions, complete mingus on atlantic, and complete beethoven string quartets.

also a bunch of minimalist classical stuff -- terry riley, steve reich, philip glass.

I used to teach Intro level music history, and the 20th century was always a hard sell. The one piece that always got a great reception was Piano Phase. Without fail, I'd get at least half a dozen kids every semester who would come up after class and say "I gotta get a copy of that".

:wacko:

I used to teach Intro level music history, and the 20th century was always a hard sell. The one piece that always got a great reception was Piano Phase. Without fail, I'd get at least half a dozen kids every semester who would come up after class and say "I gotta get a copy of that".

:wacko:

the stuff like riley and reich is always going to get a better reception among that audience than stuff like schoenberg or stockhausen or even stravinsky. a piece like piano phase is great for that purpose because it has a concept that is fairly simple to explain, easy to hear how that concept is executed, and it sounds great. same deal with riley's "in c".