[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

wide receivers in the first two rounds

dirtdickens

1. Randy Moss

2. Reggie Wayne

3. Braylon Edwards

4. Larry Fitzgerald

5. Terrell Owens- I would have him higher if I knew he wasn’t going to miss two or more weeks due to injury. He’s 34 and can’t keep it up forever, right?

6. Brandon Marshall-Most have Marshall lower, but you can’t argue with 102 catches for 1,325 receiving yards. He’s an absolute beast, and with he and Jay Cutler entering their third season each, I see the touchdowns going up to the 12-14 range.

7. Marques Colston

8. Chad Johnson

9. Steve Smith- If he can put up 87 catches for 1002 yards and 7 touchdowns with the garbage he had at quarterback last year, imagine what he could do with a full season with Delhomme throwing the ball to him. If you count the two complete games that Delhomme and Smith played together and you were to average his numbers out for a season he would have 120 receptions, 2168yards and 32 td’s. I’m not at all saying those numbers are realistic, but Jake knows how to get Smith the ball.

10. Andre Johnson-He would be around the 3-6 rank if I knew that he wasn’t going to miss at least a month of action…

11. Torry Holt- He's still Torry Holt. He'll also have a healthy Marc Bulger, Steven Jackson, and Orlando Pace which he didn't have last year.

12 Anquan Boldin

13. T.J. Houshmandzadeh

14. Roy Williams

15. Wes Welker

16. Greg Jennings

17. Plaxico Burress

18. Santonio Holmes

19. Lee Evans

20. Chris Chambers

Jake Delhomme's production isn't the problem, it was his injuries. With him healthy, He's around the 10 spot for me.

I don't see Delhomme fully recovering from that and the OL is the main concern here...

with the OL being what it will be....I move Smith down for that reason alone...

I got laughed at on this board for taking TO as the first WR. Everyone was so high on Smith and Chad. I figured TO kept his mouth shut to that point and had a lot of help around him. Worked out great for me in the long run.

I was high on Chad...but not so much Smith....and why not?...

Why don't you see Delhomme fully recovering?

I don't know...he had horrible thumb problems and wasn't what I expected even when he was healthy...who do the Panthers have on offense besides Smitty and ...maybe DeAngelo...it depends on if it's that every 5th game for him to do something special, I used to think he was going to be great in Carolina and now am convinced he should be a KR/3rd down back/change of pace....

also..the OL will hurt him and Delhomme won't stay healthy for long...what they are doing with that OL right now is suicide...

and regardless of what else you might bring up in response...the OL is the focal point of why I don't want any Panther in fantasy this year....I think at this rate, they may end up with the 1st pick in the draft and I am not hating...I don't mind the Panthers at all, it's that OL right now...it's no good..

PPR/Dynasty

1.Reggie Wayne- the least risky wr option in ff imo. The #1 wr on the most stable and consistant offense in the NFL

2.Randy Moss- I think he comes back to earth a little bit, but I still see him as an awesome long ball reciever and RZ target. Has a great QB throwing the ball, and an OL that can give him time to get open

3.Larry Fitzgerald- Im less excited with Leinart behind center, but if either Warner gets the start or Leinart matures in to a good qb, I think Fitz can produce another big year

4.Marques Colston-98 rec 1202yds 11tds in 14 games started this year. A total of 168 rec 2240 yds and 19tds in his 1st 2 seasons. Going in to his 3rd year with little competition for RZ targets. Has Stability at qb and a good overall offense. If youre not on this banwagon now you should be

5.Braylon Edwards- Assuming Anderson is again the qb for the Browns, I dont see why Edwards wont keep producing at a high level

6.A.Johnson-If he and his qb can stay healthy all year it wont surprise me to see him end up in the top 3 next january. Also I just traded him away on a dynasty team so it automaticly bumps him down a couple of spots. (I reserve the right to change this list at any time in order to satisfy my own agenda)

7.Chad Johnson-another good year, and a solid #1wr

8.TJ Houshmanzadeh- In ppr he is extremely consistant. TDs trailed off toward the 2nd half of the season. So did the Bengals offense

9.Steve Smith-Obviously qb play was a big factor in the kind of season Smith had this year, but with Delhomme healthy, Smith is an excellent fantasy wr

10.Brandon Marshall- He has only had one good season, but I dont have any reason to believe he wont continue to build great chemistry with Cutler.

11.Wes Welker-I imagine some people might have a problem with this ranking, but in ppr leagues I see a lot of potential consistancy in terms of Welker getting a lot of receptions. I dont think he is like Stokely, who had a great season as the 3rd wr for the Colts a while back. I believe Welker will be the #2 wr and be a great ppr asset as long as Moss is in town

12. Terrell Owens- His age worries me, but until i see an obvious decline in his skills and production....

13. Greg Jennings- I think hes the best wr on the Packers, but I think his TDs numbers come down with Rodgers at QB

14. Santonio Holmes- Had a pretty solid year despite missing some time. Going into his 3rd year after improving on a solid rookie season this year.

15.Plaxico Burress- I could understand if some people ranked him higher than this, but he dissapeared down the stretch this season

16.Calvin Johnson-some people see a big bust here, but I see an amazing talent who missed some of training camp because he was unsigned, walked in to a pretty complex offense, and then was hurt for much of the season. When you consider these things, I thought he had a decent rookie year. I think he will be a rdraft bargain in 08. Truth be told Id take him higher than this

17.Dwayne Bowe-Looks to be a WR1 in the making. Very good rookie season. Im alittle afraid of the QB/OL situation in KC though

18.Jerrico Cotchery-In ppr he had a solid year. It was his best season so far in terms of receptions and yds. The Jets have agressively addressed the OL this year, and that should help the stability of the offense

19.Anquan Boldin-He just seems to get really dinged up. He has monster games once in a while, but seems invisible other times. I like his upside a lot as a #2 on a fantasy team, but I wouldnt feel comfortable rollin with him as my best wr

20.Torry Holt-remember this is a dynasty league, and this news of Holts knee never healing to full strength worries me. He might have another good year in the tank, but unless im in a redraft, Im staying away

Honorable mention- M.Harrison,R.White,D.Driver,H.Ward,L.Evans

Edited by Little Big Head