[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Will the Eagles trade up for a O-lineman?

Guest Chappy

Guest Chappy

http://www.delcotimes.com/WebApp/appmanage...t_Story_1920875

Eagles To Trade Up For Lineman?

According to the Delaware County Times, the Eagles would like to trade up to the No. 11 pick (Bills) to select Virginia OL Branden Albert.

Eagles fans would be screaming at their televisions if this happened. But although it's not a sexy pick, the Eagles have two aging tackles in William Thomas and John Runyan. So it does make sense for the team to think of the future with their first pick.

| April 19, 2008 2:31 PM

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/giants/20...g-with-arm.html

Jacobs Underwent Wrist Surgery

Giants RB Brandon Jacobs recently underwent wrist surgery this offseason.

Jacobs said the doctors “just cleaned some stuff out,” and that he “definitely” will be ready when training camp begins in July. Because of his injury history, Jacobs is nothing more than a borderline RB2/RB3 for now.

| April 19, 2008 11:53 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.star-telegram.com/332/story/592092.html

Williams Out On Third Downs?

There is a good chance that Cowboys DB Roy WIlliams will be benched on third downs this season.

Williams' biggest liability is his lack of cover skills in the passing game. He is going to have to up his game this year, or there will be a strong possibility the team will look to trade him next offseason. He is still a decent DB2/DB3 because of his tackling ability.

| April 19, 2008 11:48 AM

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/st...BD?OpenDocument

Atogwe To Sign Tender Soon

Rams DB O.J. Atogwe will reportedly sign his one-year tender offer of $2.017 million soon.

Atogwe, who has been a regular at OTAs, has good playmaking skills. With eight interceptions in 2007, he is a borderline DB1/DB2.

| April 19, 2008 10:27 AM

I hope Eagles do make this move as it is a necessary one...

I expect it to be ...

Eagles trade Lito Sheppard and the 19th pick to the Bills for the 11th pick and a 5th rounder or something that they'll use to move up in another round....

I really hope they hold off on the WR garbage that they've been using as a smokescreen and I also wouldn't mind if they stayed at 19 to take Kenny Phillips or Tyrell Johnson to secure the safety position...

and I find id intriguing that Mike Mayock has Tyrell Johnson listed as the #1 safety on his charts...because as good as Kenny Phillips is, this means there is a better chance for the Eagles to stay at 19 and draft a safety along with moving Lito for an early 2nd to possibly address the OL twice in the 2nd round....

however, they are more likely to go Safety in the 2nd or 3rd round and I am living in fantasy land by thinking they'll go safety so early over the OT position...:wacko:

I expect it to be ...

Eagles trade Lito Sheppard and the 19th pick to the Bills for the 11th pick and a 5th rounder or something that they'll use to move up in another round....

I really hope they hold off on the WR garbage that they've been using as a smokescreen and I also wouldn't mind if they stayed at 19 to take Kenny Phillips or Tyrell Johnson to secure the safety position...

and I find id intriguing that Mike Mayock has Tyrell Johnson listed as the #1 safety on his charts...because as good as Kenny Phillips is, this means there is a better chance for the Eagles to stay at 19 and draft a safety along with moving Lito for an early 2nd to possibly address the OL twice in the 2nd round....

however, they are more likely to go Safety in the 2nd or 3rd round and I am living in fantasy land by thinking they'll go safety so early over the OT position...:D

Agree about all the DL stuff :wacko:

The safety part is more difficult. I keep hearing that there are no 1st round safeties and Phillips is there out of lack of depth not ability. With the lack of S in the draft I think its more likely they get the 2nd or 3rd best guy either late in the 2nd or in the 3rd.\

But its more and more likely to me they go OT in the first and use Lito to move up and get him.

Agree about all the DL stuff :wacko:

The safety part is more difficult. I keep hearing that there are no 1st round safeties and Phillips is there out of lack of depth not ability. With the lack of S in the draft I think its more likely they get the 2nd or 3rd best guy either late in the 2nd or in the 3rd.\

But its more and more likely to me they go OT in the first and use Lito to move up and get him.

this is what I am expecting and there is also an outside chance that we move down and get an additional pick for Lito and have 3 2nd's and 2 3rds etc....

I would actually prefer this as I think we'd come out of this draft with a sound OL while addressing LB and the secondary...

this is what I am expecting and there is also an outside chance that we move down and get an additional pick for Lito and have 3 2nd's and 2 3rds etc....

I would actually prefer this as I think we'd come out of this draft with a sound OL while addressing LB and the secondary...

and a WR in the 4th. Dexter Jackson App. State.

and a WR in the 4th. Dexter Jackson App. State.

I'd be happy with that....

you still don't know what kind of rapport McNabb might have with Baskett or Avant by not having to rehab all off-season and now being able to build chemistry before the pre-season...

I expect it to be ...

however, they are more likely to go Safety in the 2nd or 3rd round and I am living in fantasy land by thinking they'll go safety so early over the OT position...:wacko:

+1 Couldn't have said it better myself.