[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Out of the Park Baseball

Menudo

I've been playing Out of the Park baseball, and it is really cool. It is a text based baseball game and is unbelievable in the amount of details it has involved. Anything that happens in baseball is in this game.

What I'm doing now is replaying history. I started in 1901, so players were on their original rosters starting that year. After that, drafts, trades, and Free Agency occurs, so, players end up in different places. It is really cool. I'm not using any team, I'm just letting it play out and following the results. Teams change their nicknames and expansion happens the same way it did historically. Statistical trends stay the same as true history as well, as homers are few and far between early. It adds people to the hall of fame and is very fun. Here is how it has gone so far through 1912.

Led by Ty Cobb (NL MVP 5 of last 6 years), the Brooklyn Superbas/Dogers have made the World Series the past 5 years (First three against the New York Highlanders, last two against the Boston Red Sox), winning 4 of those series.

1901 - Pittsburgh Pirates over Washington Senators

1902 - St. Louis Cardinals over Baltimore Orioles

1903 - Philadelphia Phillies over St. Louis Browns

1904 - Philadelphia Philles over Boston Americans

1905 - New York Highlanders over Cincinnati Reds

1906 - Cincinnati Reds over St. Louis Browns

1907 - New York Highlanders over St. Louis Cardinals

1908 - Brooklyn Superbas over New York Highlanders

1909 - Brooklyn Superbas over New York Highlanders

1910 - Brooklyn Superbas over New York Highlanders

1911- Boston Red Sox over Brooklyn Dodgers

1912 - Brooklyn Dodgers over Boston Red Sox

Has anyone else ever played around with this game ?