[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Philly People

frenzal rhomb

I'll be going there for the first time on June 29. Been to most other venues like the Troc, Elect Factory , Mann, Tower, Northside bar, etc. Anyone have any useful tips like where to park, issues with the venue - like what you can and cant bring, capacity etc.

Any insight or advise is appreciated, thanks

Seeing a show there for the 4th celebration? Been to one many years ago, but in short order:

1. Parking is deadly near the waterfront...use public transportation/cab from whatever hotel you might be staying in. Or, park in center city, and cab it over (a few extra bucks) from there. If you must have your vehicle, park north of the Ben Franklin Bridge, and expect to walk quite a few blocks south on Delaware Avenue.

2. Penns Landing is not a venue...more like a open-air waterfront. Not sure if you need a ticket to what you are seeing, or if it is open to everyone. Bring a blanket to sit on....no "real" seats, unless they are setting them up for this show only. Very few grassy areas....mostly hard cement.

You can bring a cooler, but I'd put my beers in another type of container first (squeeze bottle, etc.)...police will arrest for public consumption, but only if you are obviously drinking from a can/bottle.

That being said, its a great spot to see a show, overlooking the river, with an amazing amount of history/views of Old City/Center City at your back.

Good info - thanks, I'm going to an event that requires tickets - Dropkick Murphys/Less than Jake. They really allow coolers?? That would be sweet.

the cooler comment was related to free events...if you are passing thru a "gate/ticket" system, I doubt you'd get one in.

I have been to several free shows where you just show up on a first-come/first-serve basis, set your blanket down, and not move for a few hours.....fun just hanging out and chatting up the chicks and partying....and you can indeed bring a cooler. We used to just chip-in and buy one of those styrafoam thingys, and leave it behind when we were done.