[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

good morning!

dmarc117

I think it is fair to say that Liberalism has won in the United States. Probably permanently.

I disagree with that. I think its fair to say that the arrogance and fiscal irresponsibility of neo-conservatism has won in the United States. If "liberalism" had won, we wouldn't have the Patriot Act, the Iraq War, Guantanamo Bay being turned into prison above the law, the tremendous expansion of executive powers, the decreasing separation of church and state, or the curtailment of our personal freedoms and privacy that we've experienced over the last few years. Those aren't liberal concepts. You can say what you want about the nation becoming a welfare state (which it has, to a large degree) but lots of that welfare benefits corporate America and the wealthier segments of society. While social welfare is a liberal concept, corporate welfare is not.

Because its more fun to disparage those in need of assistance. You know, like those "lazy" veterans and impoverished 5 year olds.

:wacko: Nice...yeah I was talking about the vets and starving children.

I am talking about the people you saw looting those Wal-Mart in New Orleans following Katrina. Bones Thugs-n-Harmony even wrote a clever song: Tha First Of Tha Month:

Neat little excerpt from it:

'Cause it's the 1st of the month and now we smokin', chokin', rollin' blunts

And sippin' on 40 ounces thuggin' come come we got the blessed rum

Fin to creep to the pad cause mom's got grub on the grill

If we got the food, you know it's the 1st of the month

Wake up and I see that my sister is already dressed

She said "I'm gonna run and go get my stamps

Watch and make sure no one snatches my check"

The Democratic party, at the federal level, has abandoned a lot of liberal principles a long time ago. Some conservative principles being largely ignored by the Republican party in the last 7-8 years, does not equate to Liberalism winning. I don't think we've had a conservative or liberal as president for quite some time.

Rationalizing injustice is a good thing? That just proves radicals(formerly known as conservatives) are as good at lying to themselves as the rest of us.

Ignoring reality is what got us into Iraq. Nice accomplishment.

Conservatives are good at lying and making others die in their wars.