[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tiger !

isleseeya

you don't get to Tiger/MJ/Lance level by being humble, couldn't disagree more- nice try though :D

Negative. What separates MJ and Tiger is more than athletic ability, what makes them the greatest is their absolute arrogance, cockiness whatever you want to call it and belief that they are the best. Of course they are great athletes, but their mental toughness and will to not lose is the difference.

Most of the best have the eff you chippiness to them IMO- Montana, Nicklaus, Clemens, MJ, Russell.

Sounds like me in my Sunday night pick-up basketball.

I shoot... I SCORE!!!!!!

Again. :wacko:

cocky, arrogant, - whatever you want to call it- to get to Tiger/MJ level, all the great ones seem to be arrogant to some degree, yes.

If anyone can recall....I have heard the stories, but am too young...34...but when Jack Nicklaus was making his presence felt as a YOUNG lad, Arnold Palmer, quite a bit older, was making noise how arrogant and what not Jack was because he didn't talk much. That was Arnold's take....and probably to a point he was correct. However, I have admired Jack Nicklaus my whole golfing life...since I was 11...so 23 years. My favorite golfer is Greg Norman.....you will not find a more arrogant prick out there....and he is the obligatory choker.

In short, I think each generation has its level of cockiness or arrogance that is either more intense or just plain different than the previous. Greg was supposed to be the next Jack....able to draw HUGH galleries and wow people with his skill.....but he couldn't finish. Then along came Phil....who couldn't finish. Then along came a Tiger. While he is not the first person I cheer for.....I have the utmost respect and allow him his smugness, he has earned it. Tiger is the best closer of a golf tournament...especially a major....I have EVER seen.

Rumors are surfacing that Tiger needs microfracture surgery and he's done for the year. Hank Haney was on a local sports show this morning and alluded to the fact that he might not play again this year. He wouldn't be specific though. He did say that Tiger would more than likely make an announcement this week.

And in closing, feel free to Google the words Tiger, Woods and arrogant. I'm not the only one that thinks this.

I'll say, though, this arrogance was really only evident a few years ago and he's becoming more modest and respectful of his peers as he gets older.

No you are not. I am not a Tiger fan at all. I do root for him in the Ryder Cup but that is the only time. I think part of the reason I am not a fan is because he is just too good. I also am not a huge fan of the club throwing either. Granted it's not a huge deal but golf is a game of etiquette. Tiger is such a role model and should really try to get a grip on that. I wouldn't want to see my kid firing clubs all over the course when he hits a bad shot.

Rumors are surfacing that Tiger needs microfracture surgery and he's done for the year. Hank Haney was on a local sports show this morning and alluded to the fact that he might not play again this year. He wouldn't be specific though. He did say that Tiger would more than likely make an announcement this week.

This would not surprise me at all. I was in the O.R. lounge this morning listening to a couple of orthopedic surgeons talk about this very thing. There's only so much cartilage you can remove from a knee before bone grinds on bone. Microfracture surgery would be a next logical step.

I also am not a huge fan of the club throwing either. Granted it's not a huge deal but golf is a game of etiquette. Tiger is such a role model and should really try to get a grip on that. I wouldn't want to see my kid firing clubs all over the course when he hits a bad shot.

I don't think I've ever seen him throw a club. I've seen him drop one in disgust...but never actually throw one. Maybe we just have a different definition of "throw." One of the guys I play golf with actually "throws" the club sometimes. It's embarrassing. He'll launch it 50 yards.

Tiger does need to watch his mouth. Lots of little ears listening and the GD word is totally unacceptable...and seems to be his word of choice. I love Johnny Miller's candor. He'll flat out rip Tiger for it.

I don't think I've ever seen him throw a club. I've seen him drop one in disgust...but never actually throw one. Maybe we just have a different definition of "throw." One of the guys I play golf with actually "throws" the club sometimes. It's embarrassing. He'll launch it 50 yards.

Tiger does need to watch his mouth. Lots of little ears listening and the GD word is totally unacceptable...and seems to be his word of choice. I love Johnny Miller's candor. He'll flat out rip Tiger for it.

He screams f*** Yeah too. Just go back and read his lips on a couple of those putts. He did throw his club at his bag after one sand shot. I doesn't bother me that he throws them or drops them in disgust or takes a hard swing at the ground for a mis-hit.....golf is a frustrating game and at that level with that pressure I'm sure it just magnifies it, I've thrown mine quite a ways a couple times over the years.....sometimes all the frustration just builds to your breaking point.