[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Callway golf fans

Double Agent

I'm going to give this thread a free bump. If I was not in love with my Cleveland HiBore that FT5 would be a club that I would for sure consider. I have hit the club a few times as my best golfing buddy has it in the bag. I very much like the club and those are some good deals.

Callaway must be getting ready to roll something new out.

I have had my Calloway X460 tour for a year now and freakin love it. Have hit a bunch of drivers, and I haven't found one I can crush as far and keep it as straight

FT-5 is a nice nice club.

tryin to decide between the X-20 tour and X-forged irons, gonna hit em both this weekend

I just bought the FT-5 Tour with a Fujikara speeder 686 shaft for $125 from a local club pro. He didn't like it after only two rounds, so he went with the FT-i instead. :wacko:

The Callaway is hands down one of the best drivers i've had in the last 5 or so years. I still hit my Titelist 983 great, but the FT-5 much more consistent off the tee. I hit a big drive already so distance wasn't really an issue, although it does hit about 10-15 yds further than my 983 did. The FT-5 seems to be more workable for me also.

I gave my wife my old X-12's and bought these X-20 tours

I friggin love these irons. Not as long as the 12's but i can work these much easier. :D

Edited by Cunning Linguist

I just bought the FT-5 Tour with a Fujikara speeder 686 shaft for $125 from a local club pro. He didn't like it after only two rounds, so he went with the FT-i instead. :wacko:

The Callaway is hands down one of the best drivers i've had in the last 5 or so years. I still hit my Titelist 983 great, but the FT-5 much more consistent off the tee. I hit a big drive already so distance wasn't really an issue, although it does hit about 10-15 yds further than my 983 did. The FT-5 seems to be more workable for me also.

I friggin love these irons. Not as long as the 12's but i can work these much easier. :D

werd - I could care less what distance I am hitting my irons - all about consistency for me. Most Callaways are too clunky and I am diggin the X-20tours and X-forged - the X-forged is just a beautiful golf club. My local shop here has the X-20t and X-forged barely used with Project X shafts for under 600. Gonna go hit em when I get some time - may check out the Ping i10's and Mizuno's but I love the feel of Callaways.

I'm hoping I like the FT-5. I've heard great things about it. I ordered it with the Proforce V2 shaft which bumped the price up a little. I've heard good things about that shaft too. I've played the X460 Tour for the last year and I like it except I have a tendency to hook when I miss. I really like to take the left side out of the equation and I hear the FT-5 is hard to turn over...so we shall see.

I almost purchased the Cobra L4V X the other day. But after hitting it on the launch monitor compared to my X460, I was not impressed. My ball speed with the X460 was 181-185 and the Cobra was 10 mph less. Was probably the shaft but I still walked away.