[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What's the deal with rental cars?

Big F'n Dave

I rarely use rental cars, but I'm going to have to next week on a trip to Chicago. Looking through Orbitz and I see that there's a $163 difference between the lowest (Thrifty) and the highest (Hertz) on a 5-day rental standard size car. Why?!? :wacko:

I rarely use rental cars, but I'm going to have to next week on a trip to Chicago. Looking through Orbitz and I see that there's a $163 difference between the lowest (Thrifty) and the highest (Hertz) on a 5-day rental standard size car. Why?!? :wacko:

sometimes has to be due to ease of getting the car and dropping it off. on site or shuttle bus.

Go ahead and get the great deal at Thrifty. Here's your conversation when you arrive.

BFD: I don't understand. Do you have my reservation?

Thrifty Car Agent: We have your reservation, we just ran out of cars.

BFD: But the reservation keeps the car here. That's why you have the reservation.

Thrifty Car Agent: I think I know why we have reservations.

BFD: I don't think you do. You see, you know how to *take* the reservation, you just don't know how to *hold* the reservation. And that's really the most important part of the reservation: the holding. Anybody can just take them.

Would you like insurance with your rental car?

Oh yeah, two of them. ~ Seinfeld

(Is that the right quote?)

Nah...something like..."yeah, you better give me the insurance...I'm going to beat the hell out of this thing."

Edited by Puddy

Go ahead and get the great deal at Thrifty. Here's your conversation when you arrive.

BFD: I don't understand. Do you have my reservation?

Thrifty Car Agent: We have your reservation, we just ran out of cars.

BFD: But the reservation keeps the car here. That's why you have the reservation.

Thrifty Car Agent: I think I know why we have reservations.

BFD: I don't think you do. You see, you know how to *take* the reservation, you just don't know how to *hold* the reservation. And that's really the most important part of the reservation: the holding. Anybody can just take them.

I'm gonna memorize this just in case. Then I'm gonna rub one out to a picture of Julia Louis-Dreyfus. :wacko:

Edited by Big F'n Dave

I'm gonna memorize this just in case. Then I'm gonna rub one out to a picture of Julia Louis-Dreyfus. :wacko:

just read the fine print. i had to fly out to Connecticut for a wedding recently and used Orbitz. I was running late for the rehersal since my flight was delayed and stupidly slapped down my initials wherever they wanted to get out of there as fast as I could. Ended up costing me an extra $100 or so in some fuel deal I agreed to.