[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dennis Northcutt sued for assault

Ziachild007

:D

Jacksonville Jaguars receiver Dennis Northcutt is on the wrong end of a lawsuit that makes some Rae Carruth-style allegations against the veteran pass-catcher.

Per TMZ.com, a woman who was carrying Northcutt’s unborn baby claims that Northcutt conspired to have her beaten up.

Sharri Henry claims that, in May 2008, Northcutt persuaded his cousin to “maliciously assault, beat, strike and batter Plaintiff, her face and head with great force and violence . . . causing severe and permanent disfigurement to her face.”

The suit was filed Tuesday in L.A. Henry reportedly filed a police report regarding the matter shortly after it happened. Apparently, no action was taken against Northcutt.

UPDATE: A reader points out this interview with Northcutt from last year, who talks about the fact that his girlfriend (presumably Sharri Henry) was the first girlfriend of his life: “I’ve seen a lot of marriages that don’t work with buddies of mine that are in the pros or have played in the pros. I felt like a lot of those guys got into relationships they weren’t ready for. I would think, ‘Why is he doing that? You know he’s not ready.’ Then it would end up not working. So I figured I wasn’t about to go through all that. For what? By staying single, I’ve saved a whole lot of money. I didn’t have to play any divorce settlements, no child support. I know guys that pay $20,000 or $10,000 a month in child support. That’s expensive, man. And there are a lot of women with ulterior motives, too. Let’s be real. They’re looking for a security blanket, straight up.”

If this is true Northcutt belongs right down there with Jerramy Stevens. :wacko: