[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Have too many Running Backs...need to trade for receiver

Ozymandias

Alright. I'm in a Point-Per-Reception, Point-Per-Completion league with otherwise typical scoring rules...6 points per td, 20 yards per point rushing/passing.

We start QB, WR, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, K, DEF

Anticipating that there would be a lack of depth at running back, I grabbed quite a few and have ended up with too many on the bench, especially considering we can only start 2 RBs as opposed to 3 WRs. I also made sure to spend a very early pick (first, to be exact) getting Peyton Manning due to the point-per-completion rule. Because of this, I'm a bit light at receiver, and this is especially bad considering the PPR scoring system the league uses.

I figured I'd try to make a trade for another high-end WR2, or even WR1 depending on the circumstances. This is my current roster:

QB: Peyton Manning, Jay Cutler

WR: Reggie Wayne, Anquan Boldin, Jerricho Cotchery, Roddy White, Donald Driver, Bobby Engram. Had Burleson but lost him :wacko:

RB: Reggie Bush, Earnest Graham, Michael Turner, Maurice Jones-Drew, Ricky Williams, Chris Johnson, DeAngelo Williams

TE: Todd Heap, Tony Scheffler

K: Varies

Def: Dallas

I'm thinking about trying to sell Turner high, as he doesn't seem to catch many passes and this would be the time to do it...but if he goes on to have a very strong season...I'll be kicking myself all year. I also get the impression that people are keen to the apparent declining value of Maurice Jones-Drew due to Jax' offensive line problems...I'm not sure. Any advice, guys? Thanks.

Edited by Ozymandias

My thought would be :

A. Your not weak at WR, your starting 3 is pretty damn good

B. You can upgrade though, either now, or later when more injuries happen, and people have to make you offers for RBs:

C. Do it now? How about a Chris Johnson(value way up) and Driver(value looks about the same as start of season) trade for someone like Edwards (value looks lower), maybe Housh (value down, but he will get his passes) Love to see you get Plex, might have to offer a little more.

D. Damn, can we trade teams????

Yeah, I think a lot of this is fantasy football OCD talking. I just feel that I could probably streamline things a bit by making the type of trades you mentioned. After losing Burleson, I got a bit nervous about WR depth as it seems like there's actually more of a demand for WR in my league lately than RB. I guess we'll see what happens.