[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Aaron Rodgers and the media

Randall

Now they're saying they never questioned his ability. Are you kidding me?

He was seen as a bust by many his first and second year. McCarthy got him ready be sending his to QB camp(whatever that means). Even year two many questioned if he could be a player.

I doubt if he got much help from Favre either. I don't remember Brett wanting him to get any playing time. In fact he probably prevented it by never wanting to come out even in blowouts.

OK he looked serviceable against the Vikes Poor Pass D and like a Stud against Motor city kitties, but lets's not crown him yet. Matt Ryan looked like the second coming of Joe M against Det last week. I want to see him against a tough Def.

I do agree he was in a no win situation with the media. And he has shown good poise, but like I said he hasn't been pushed yet on the field. That will be the true litmus test IMO. If he handles the bad as well as he has the good then great but it is easy to take the high road right now.

Rodgers gets a gold star for being a class act in the face of the massive amount of crap that was thrown in his face. Vince Young could learn a thing or two from him.

No kidding the coaches probably schooled him on that too. Teams could learn about how to bring young college QB's in from TT and McCarthy if Rodgers continues to succeed.

Some players can weather the beatings they take right away like Aikman and Peyton(and maybe Ryan), but many more need to be brought along slowly.

I

OK he looked serviceable against the Vikes Poor Pass D and like a Stud against Motor city kitties, but lets's not crown him yet. Matt Ryan looked like the second coming of Joe M against Det last week. I want to see him against a tough Def.

I do agree he was in a no win situation with the media. And he has shown good poise, but like I said he hasn't been pushed yet on the field. That will be the true litmus test IMO. If he handles the bad as well as he has the good then great but it is easy to take the high road right now.

Serviceable? The dude had 80% completion percentage in his first start against arch rivals. You say you want to see him do it against a tough defense, but he did, in the first week. And as far as handling the bad... Where were you in pre-season? There is this guy named Brett... He and the front office of the packers had a disagreement that was pretty bad on Rodgers.

Serviceable? The dude had 80% completion percentage in his first start against arch rivals. You say you want to see him do it against a tough defense, but he did, in the first week. And as far as handling the bad... Where were you in pre-season? There is this guy named Brett... He and the front office of the packers had a disagreement that was pretty bad on Rodgers.

And PON takes the bait.