[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

McNabb/Smith @ PIT vs O'Sullivan/Bruce @ DET

CF Chris

Something to consider or not?

McNabb & LJ Smith vs the PIT defense

or

O'Sullivan & Bruce (with Chambers or Andr Johnson going to the bench) vs DET defense

Entirely a matchup question. I'm not sure if PIT defense can hold McNabb to lower numbers, but the idea of Martz and O'Sullivan wanting to run up the score on a scrap heap DET defense giving up 35ppg is somewhat enticing.

-cmd

Edited by CF Chris

I was actually leaning toward benching Andre Johnson. TEN secondary may be a tough matchup for Andre Johnson, and the pass rush Schaub should be getting through the Texans O-line may present issues as well.

I'd do o'sullivan for sure...Bruce maybe not? But Chambers vs. the Jets probably won't be a very good matchup.

Sorry dude but I never would play this game with a rookie QB. After what you saw last week from Mcnabb who should have had a 2TD stat line if not 3 save our rookie Jenkins diving tip, I would never sit Mcnabb unless he gets hurt.

Question, would you be more pissed if you lost because you sat your stud Mcnabb after what he showed Monday night?

Win with your starters and always start your studs. JT is a Rookie starting for the niners. Truth be told, I don't think the Lions are going to play this sorrry all year long and they are really desperate for a win. Martz returning to his old team does have a very strong appeal but I don't think that's enough to go with a Rookie over Mcnabb.

Absolutely. That's why I haven't made the change; I'll hate leaving points on the bench either way. If McNabb scores 30+ on my bench, I'm an idiot for having benched him. If McNabb doesn't score as well while O'Sullivan throws 2 TD's and 125 yards to Bruce, I'm leaving a minimum of 30+ points on the bench as well.

-cmd

Sorry dude but I never would play this game with a rookie QB. After what you saw last week from Mcnabb who should have had a 2TD stat line if not 3 save our rookie Jenkins diving tip, I would never sit Mcnabb unless he gets hurt.

Question, would you be more pissed if you lost because you sat your stud Mcnabb after what he showed Monday night?

Win with your starters and always start your studs. JT is a Rookie starting for the niners. Truth be told, I don't think the Lions are going to play this sorrry all year long and they are really desperate for a win. Martz returning to his old team does have a very strong appeal but I don't think that's enough to go with a Rookie over Mcnabb.

Nothing wrong with having your backup do well. Just strengthens your team and puts you in a better trade position.

I sat Warner last week for Big Ben and he went off and made me sweat with MBIII to win on Monday night. He came through. I am doing it again this week. Big Ben against Philly and sitting Warner against Wash. Despite Warner being Hot. My starters have come through for me and I am 2-0.

That said, Over the years I am more comfortable trusting my starters to win for me. You can't expect a guy to go off every week like Brady did last year, your other guys will have great games when your QB struggles and WR will have their great games to over come RB struggles. That's FF. Draft solid and start em and let them win with combinations you can't predict.