[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A word of Advice for EVERYONE.

Cowboyz1

You know what Franchise tag, after thinking about what you said, I remember back when I first started and I would get so low and flustrated at losing that it wasn't fun anymore. Then I realized that the fun is in getting better and learning from past mistakes. It all starts at the draft. Your draft dictates your season. You start with a good foundation and keep building on your team as the season goes along taking advantage of opportunites when they come along faster then the others in your league. That takes experience and you can't substitute for it period. The thing I realized is that Fantasy Football is almost exactly like the real game itself in that you can't win without experience, doing your homework and a little luck that your team stays healthy. When you start to focus on the wins you get as a result of learning from your mistakes and getting better at understanding the NFL game and it's players, then you will find it is very rewarding when you win as a result of your developed insight. Rookies in the NFL don't know the ins and outs of the game just like inexperienced fantasy players. You learn as you go and the rewards come when you pick a guy that you studied and he performs to the level you expected and it all comes together and you start winning. Focus on learning and trying not to make the same mistake over and over again. You will find that when you do that then the game inside the game becomes fun and you get into all the teams and players as a whole instead of just the teams you root for. Fantasy Football is just like playing the stock market. You do your due diligence and mitigate your risks for every player you start. It starts with your initial investment. The better you do that the more you win and the more money you make. Don't be a day trader looking to make fast money, get yourself some blue chips up front and go long on solid investments and you will win more then you loss. Most of all instead of getting mad at yourself or your team ask more questions about why the loss happened and focus on finding the answers which will make you and your team better which is rewarding in itself. Have Fun that's what this game is all about. Have fun getting better at analysing players and the NFL game. It's so much fun. Hope this helps.

Edited by Cowboyz1

LOL..i'd like to change my mind about benching LT. I still have a chance with Coles tonight though!

I almost cost myself the game but Bush and Barber came through for me again and got me to 3-0 with San Diego's D going tonight. I thought for sure I was sunk after Ben giving me a fat 1.5 points and Warner sitting on my bench with 260 and 2 TD's. Thank god for Bush and Barber.

• 2 weeks later...
Hope this helps.

sorry I haven't acknowleded this yet, but yes it has helped. However, just like spending on credit, doing stupid things in FF is just something I can't resist apperently.

I get the most frustrated at people who do nothing, draft average teams and win games with scores that would be losses for anyone else. After week two we play 2 games a week and to watch someone score 46 points and win both is unfathomable. I shoot for 80 which is 10 per spot. Now I'm trying to trade for Brees or Cutler, who are owned by the same owner and getting nowhere fast. I finally came to giving Portis for Brees and he said no. Obviously, he feels that it's not enough, but honestly, I really never know what's fair and what's not. Do you have any steps to propsing a trade and/or negotiating one? I always here things like don't trade a RB for a WR. Or RB for a TE, but as I see it, if it's someone I will not use, then why not get what I can instead of droppin him out right. I could ask questions forever, but I will end it now.

sorry I haven't acknowleded this yet, but yes it has helped. However, just like spending on credit, doing stupid things in FF is just something I can't resist apperently.

I get the most frustrated at people who do nothing, draft average teams and win games with scores that would be losses for anyone else. After week two we play 2 games a week and to watch someone score 46 points and win both is unfathomable. I shoot for 80 which is 10 per spot. Now I'm trying to trade for Brees or Cutler, who are owned by the same owner and getting nowhere fast. I finally came to giving Portis for Brees and he said no. Obviously, he feels that it's not enough, but honestly, I really never know what's fair and what's not. Do you have any steps to propsing a trade and/or negotiating one? I always here things like don't trade a RB for a WR. Or RB for a TE, but as I see it, if it's someone I will not use, then why not get what I can instead of droppin him out right. I could ask questions forever, but I will end it now.

First off, your asking all the right questions and your starting to think in FF terms. That is good. This is going to be a long answer so I figured I would start a new topic on it to see if we could get others involved. See it in the forum under "Trade advice for Everyone". Hope it helps.

Edited by Cowboyz1

• 11 months later...