[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

O'Sullivan or Big Ben?

Eli2Plax

After seeing the PHI game monday, I think the Eagles could be vulnerable to Big Ben's passing game, but Big Ben is getting pretty beat up. O'Sullivan has been putting up decent stats and hes playing the Lions, who defense is plain PATHETIC. Any suggesions. I will try to help you guys out as well.

I'd play O'Sullivan. If there is ever a week to take a chance and see what he can do, it's against the Lions.

The Steelers are quietly one of the best defenses in the league holding both HOU and CLE to not much through the air, so I expect the Eagles game to be low-scoring, especially since Ben's shoulder is still sprained that means he's not totally healthy to wing the ball downfield. Plus while the Eagles looked vulnerable on pass defense, they did get an INT with Samuel and they also played probably the most explosive offense in the entire league with the Cowboys, and they still almost won.

So even though I have Big Ben I'm not starting him.

I have Warner against WAS

or

Cassel against MIA

I'm gonna take a chance on Cassel this week gaining more confidence and throwing the long ball more to Moss this game, since MIA has horrible Pass Defense, I mean they let Brett Favre throw a 4th and 13 TD jump ball practically, and Warner just destroyed them last week.

Michael Fabiano of the NFL was asked during Live Chat who to start before the Week 2 games and he said Big Ben against CLE over Warner against MIA. Ben has the shoulder sore, a weak CLE defense, but bad weather conditions. So I didn't take his advice and went with Warner against the easier matchup. 32 fantasy points with him alone in my league. I won, and scored 2nd highest in our 12 team league.

I have the same delima but I have Big Ben and Warner. Here is what I am thinking. Big Ben in the first game when they were up 30 something they didn't need to throw, in the second game it was windy as hell and his shoulder was a bit sore so the passing game suffered a bit. Now this game Philly is going to score points and Big Ben is going to have to throw the ball to keep up or get blown out. AND the aren't going to run all over Philly so you can be sure Big Ben is going to air it out. I have won 3 straight with the same lineup with Big Ben and I am not going to jinx myself by benching him. Warner hasn't played against any kind of D yet and I want to see what he does agianst Wash who has good corners before I go and bench him over my starter.

As far as JT, he is a rookie. I now he is going against the Lions at home no less but I just don't trust a Rookie going against a Detroit club that is under serious pressure to perform. I really don't think the Lions are going to suck every week and I feel Gore will go off more then JT. I can see Gore with 150 and 2tds while JT goes for 180 and a score or 2. I give big ben 250+ and 2TD's minimum so worse case is JT goes for 270 and 3TD's so we leave 6 or so points on the bench. I can live with that. Big Ben could have one of his 4 TD games though also and we have yet to see JT do that. I always go with the player who has done it before.

Good luck hope this helps.