[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trading Peyton for Big Ben and J. Lewis

drewjh

Found these forums just today and I'm already needing some advice.

I have been offered a trade...

I GET : Big Ben and J. Lewis

THEY GET : Peyton Manning

At Running back now I have Graham, MJD, and Sammy Morris

I am tempted to accept this based on the fact that Sammy Morris just went down and MJD is very inconsistent. Also, Lewis has a pretty easy schedule coming up...

What are your thoughts?

Edited by drewjh

Normally I would say no as I am not a fan of J Lewis, but in your case I might. I would let my league know Manning is on the block and see what else comes in. But its is not terrible considering your situation. With your RB options I hope you are seriuosly stacked at WR.

Normally I would say no as I am not a fan of J Lewis, but in your case I might. I would let my league know Manning is on the block and see what else comes in. But its is not terrible considering your situation. With your RB options I hope you are seriuosly stacked at WR.

Agree with Trey. With your running backs, I would be tempted to do it. See if you can get better as I'm sure there's people with emotional attachment to Manning out there.

The problem is I'm not stacked at WR either. My top draft picks all have been disappointments and really the only solid WR I have now is Lee Evans. I am currently working on getting Colston and Avery off of the waivers.

Thanks for all the advice so far. I have looked around the league and I can't see myself getting much more for Peyton.

I think a HUGE question has to be addressed... What is your team's record? Peyton and the Colts play Detroit and Cincinnati at home during the fantasy playoffs, and current performances of the Colts aside, that can't be ignored. Peyton could potentially carry your team to a SB berth on those two matchups. Plus, Big Ben plays on the road in Baltimore and Tennessee in weeks 15-16. If you make this trade, I think your fantasy playoffs look a lot murkier. Jamal Lewis also has crappy matchups in weeks 14-15 (and Cleveland kinda sucks anyway). I wouldn't budge.

Please help me here.

Edited by MTSuper7

I am currently 4-3. I suppose you are right about the playoffs but I am just worried about making it there with my current team.

Yeah, 4-3 isn't exactly comforting, but I just don't see how this trade makes you THAT much better now, and it certainly makes you worse for the fantasy playoffs.

Yeah, 4-3 isn't exactly comforting, but I just don't see how this trade makes you THAT much better now, and it certainly makes you worse for the fantasy playoffs.

Ya I understand your point. I suppose I will just keep Peyton on the trading block and see if anything better comes up. If not I will just hold onto him and hope I can snag a few producers off the waivers.