[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pick up Avery or Torain for insurance....

TilsterBearz

Would you drop Scheffler (with having Daniels) for either Avery WR or Torain RB? Standard pts no PPR. My team is in my sig.

Thanks guys!

you could use either one of those players. avery is a beast. and torain will probably end up getting that starting job within a few weeks. you'll be losing a hook up at the te position though, if that don't bother you, then go for it. I say .

Edited by pa_bolthead

I think Torain has more upside here. Daniels has been great this year and there is no reason to think he won't continue. You can pretty much count on Avery to be a high #3, maybe a low #2. Torain will likely either be a high #2 / low #1 or a low end flex / useless. Depends on your record, your willingness to gamble, your faith in Denver's faith in Torain.

Simply, Avery is safer but Torain has a chance to be a stud.

Shanahan was really high on Torain in the preseason. That plus Shanahan's ego makes it seem likely that Torain will gain a significant role with the team... (and this is the key) ... IF he can produce with what carries he's given in the next couple of weeks. Shanahan wants to see this kid succeed, and he prides himself in picks like Torain. All Torain has to do is (no pun intended) take his opportunity and run with it. Pittman is in his twilight years, and they've never viewed Selvin Young as an every down back. All signs seem to point toward Denver at least giving the rook an opportunity to grab the reins.

Your other choice, Avery, has had two decent games in a row in which he caught four passes in each game. It is promising that he is producing this well as a rookie, but it is hard to imagine a rookie WR having the kind of impact that a rookie RB can have. I think Avery is a decent option, but seems unlikely to surpass Lee Evans as the #3 WR on your team. Torain, on the other hand, could easily surpass Thomas Jones to be your #3 RB. Plus, Torain has more upside and potential as an RB anyway.

Thanks guys. I don't like to have both RB and QB from the same team but I think Denver will be playing from behind allot so both players should put up decent numbers.

We do not use a flex.

1QB 6pts tds for all positions

2WR

2RB

1TE

1 K

1 DEF

Edited by TilsterBearz

Would you drop Roy Williams for Avery?? I assume he'll be better when Romo comes back. Romo just has so many targets.....

I would shop Roy Williams first to see if anyone is interested. It's not impossible to think he'll have some value during the FF playoffs, but learning new offense is an obstacle. It also doesn't bode well that he won't start developing any rapport with Romo until after week 10. Still, see if a team that's in good shape for a playoff run might deal for him (my guess is he will have no real value for the next month at least).

If you are doing this for insurance then Torain is worth a risk. Right now, he's just hype. But let's just say he becomes the starting RB. Look at Denver's schedule. They have 4 easy match ups. It might be worth grabbing him for those games. The other games, I would say no.

9 Nov 02 MIA @ DEN - 12th ranked Rushing Defense

10 Nov 06 DEN @ CLE - 26th danked Rushing Defense

11 Nov 16 DEN @ ATL - 20th ranked Rushing Defense

12 Nov 23 OAK @ DEN - 24th ranked Rushing Defense

13 Nov 30 DEN @ NYJ - 4th ranked Rushing Defense

14 Dec 07 KC @ DEN - 32nd ranked Rushing Defense (the absolute worse)

15 Dec 14 DEN @ CAR 14th ranked Rushing Defense

16 Dec 21 BUF @ DEN - 15th ranked Rushing Defense

17 Dec 28 DEN @ SD - 18th ranked Rushing Defense

See mine:

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=268470