[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Connecting camera to Computer ....

theprofessor

I am selling my pool table and was taking some pictures with my Canon digital camera. Hooked up the camera to the computer to download the pictures and I get an error message that the "USB device is not recognized" I tried reconnecting it to the other 6 USB ports but got the same error message each time? I have downloaded pictures multiple times with this camera and the same computer? I thought that maybe somehow the camera program might have got deleted from the computer so I tried to reinstall the software with the disk that came with the camera but the computer showed the the program is installed on the computer? The only troubleshooting message that I get say's to remove the cable and then re-install? Did that but same result?

I would really appreciate someone's help with this.

Never..... EVER connect a camera directly to a PC! Rare problems (1-2 of 100=corruption, failure, etc.) but a USB port can surge and blow out your camera. Not pretty!

ALWAYS connect via a card reader. If the card gets F'd up....a cheap fix. Pix lost perhaps, but you still have a camera.

Advice:

Just get a card reader. If you have one use it! If not...GET ONE!!!!

NEVER HOOK A CAMERA DIRECTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yup, this sounds anal, and prolly is, but.............

Take an old photographers word on it. :wacko:

Never..... EVER connect a camera directly to a PC! Rare problems (1-2 of 100=corruption, failure, etc.) but a USB port can surge and blow out your camera. Not pretty!

ALWAYS connect via a card reader. If the card gets F'd up....a cheap fix. Pix lost perhaps, but you still have a camera.

Advice:

Just get a card reader. If you have one use it! If not...GET ONE!!!!

NEVER HOOK A CAMERA DIRECTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yup, this sounds anal, and prolly is, but.............

Take an old photographers word on it. :D

Good advice, from an OLD photographer... :wacko:

Wow! Card reader? What is it? Is it something that hooks up to a port on the PC and then you slide the memory card from the camera into it?

There is a doh in there somewhere! :wacko:

Anyone else find humor in seeing theprofessor's two posts right next to each other?

Any boat owners in the house?

Just purchased my first boat, Larson 206 Senza

Getting error message? Help needed!

:wacko:

Edited by kpholmes

Anyone else find humor in seeing theprofessor's two posts right next to each other?

Any boat owners in the house?

Just purchased my first boat, Larson 206 Senza

Getting error message? Help needed!

:wacko:

I bet he took pictures of his boat.