[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

OK, this is pretty lame

detlef

States requiring exact matches of DMV and SS records is still being tried in many states. The republicans tried this in Ohio but the Supreme Court prevented it.

Many people especially young voters move without notifying authorities. In addition typos can throw out legal voters. If we are saying to the world democracy is a good idea we have to value everyone's vote here.

Twice in my lifetime, I have had a drivers license issued to me with the wrong middle initial.

Do I really want my ability to vote hinge on the fricking DMV's ability to tell an L from a C? No thank you.

I read this as:

1) WV must live in a very small town where going to the DMV and dealing those f'tards doesn't require clearing your calendar for at least a day.

When I was 15 and got my permit, the ink on my birth certificate was damaged in the middle of my birth year (68), so I got a state issued DL that said I was 23yo.

I told my dad about it and he said, "Cool, we're off to Vegas." We went 5-6 times before I was legally allowed to gamble.

Thank you for all the examples of why we DON"T need MORE government in our lives. If they can't even handle the simplicity of handing out correct drivers' licenses, why in the f*ck would we want them to control important and complex things like SS, health care, homeland security, education of our children, etc.

Yet the giant bureaucracy that is our gov't only grows and grows... why is that? Voting ALL incumbents out might send a message...maybe... awww, it just makes me sick to my stomach sometimes!

Wake up

Thank you for all the examples of why we DON"T need MORE government in our lives. If they can't even handle the simplicity of handing out correct drivers' licenses, why in the f*ck would we want them to control important and complex things like SS, health care, homeland security, education of our children, etc.

Yet the giant bureaucracy that is our gov't only grows and grows... why is that? Voting ALL incumbents out might send a message...maybe... awww, it just makes me sick to my stomach sometimes!

Wake up

Just making sure here: you are advocating that homeland security be handled by the private sector? voting as well?

Heck, how about the military?

Just making sure here: you are advocating that homeland security be handled by the private sector? voting as well?

Heck, how about the military?

I need to make a correction. I did not mean to say all of Homeland Security, but rather an extension of it called the TSA. Taking the same airport screeners and making them gov't employees and expecting a different result is just absolutely absurd to me. Although I am sure there are other areas where we could slim down the size and waste of that department.

I'm just saying if you want important items like your health, retirement, etc. to be run by the same body that does such a chitty job running things like the D.O.T. , then good luck! It's like the old saying goes "be careful what you wish for, you just might get it".