[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Input needed on this trade...

irish

Standard scoring 10 team league with PPR. We start 1 QB, 2-3 RBs, 2-3 WRs, 1 TE.

Here's my team now-

QB- McNabb

RBs- Portis, Chris Johnson, Willie Parker, Addai, Rhodes, Graham, Torain

WRs- Marshall, Colston, Jennings, Desean Jackson, Chambers

TE- Witten and Carlson

Here's the deal-

I get Marshawn Lynch, Antonio Gates, Ricky Williams and M. Harrison.

I give up Willie Parker, Witten, Carlson and Chris Chambers.

I know, trade guys who I think will score less points for guys who I think will score more points (the Grits Rule). I feel like I'm doing that especially when looking at my team and schedules going forward. However, I'd like some other input. I like Lynch and his schedule better than Parker. With Witten getting hurt and the team having issues, I like Gates better than Witten but it's fairly even. Harrison and Chambers are fairly even and I don't need Carlson and getting back Williams just adds depth. However, I'll probably drop Williams and add a backup QB like Pennington, Matt Ryan, Flacco or Rosenfels. Getting Lynch is an upgrade and certainly being able to start Gates this weekend over Carlson helps a ton.

Thanks.

I don't see this deal as making your team any better

Well I like Lynch more than Parker and Gates has been getting better and better as the season has gone on. If the deal is relatively even in your mind at the very least I'll get to start Gates this week instead of Carlson with Witten on a bye.

Ok,

I think you are improving your team -

Willie had a strong game, but Pitt has a tough schedule coming up and he's going to be an injury risk, that with the fragility of Ben makes me nervous to bet on him for the rest of the season. Lynch drives me crazy with his unpredictability, but as it gets colder, you have to believe they will continue to use him to pound the ball, hopefully we don't see any more bizarre "let's start Fred Jackson for the first series of the game to give all Lynch owners heart attacks" moves again.

Witten for Gates - given it is PPR I'd usually like Witten more, but let's face it, the Cowboys are in disarray and have a ridiculous schedule coming up. I want to divest myself of all parts of that offense as long as I get good value, I think you are getting good value here.

Carlson for Ricky Williams - Carlson is on a bad team and there is no end in sight to the Hass dead leg syndrome. I'm on the Dolphins boat here, and I think Ricky will get MORE carries as the year goes on, as they attempt to keep RB's reconstructed knee healthy and rested for the post season.

Chambers for Harrison - Obviously you are giving up some value here, Chambers is performing well in a good offense, Harrison is struggling and could likely find himself as the 4th option in the Colts offense (behind Wayne, Clark, and Gonzo). Given that you have three elite WRs ahead of him, this is an easy place to give up value.

I think it is a good deal, one that if I had the opportunity to make, I would.

Good Luck!

WashD

Ok,

I think you are improving your team -

Willie had a strong game, but Pitt has a tough schedule coming up and he's going to be an injury risk, that with the fragility of Ben makes me nervous to bet on him for the rest of the season. Lynch drives me crazy with his unpredictability, but as it gets colder, you have to believe they will continue to use him to pound the ball, hopefully we don't see any more bizarre "let's start Fred Jackson for the first series of the game to give all Lynch owners heart attacks" moves again.

Witten for Gates - given it is PPR I'd usually like Witten more, but let's face it, the Cowboys are in disarray and have a ridiculous schedule coming up. I want to divest myself of all parts of that offense as long as I get good value, I think you are getting good value here.

Carlson for Ricky Williams - Carlson is on a bad team and there is no end in sight to the Hass dead leg syndrome. I'm on the Dolphins boat here, and I think Ricky will get MORE carries as the year goes on, as they attempt to keep RB's reconstructed knee healthy and rested for the post season.

Chambers for Harrison - Obviously you are giving up some value here, Chambers is performing well in a good offense, Harrison is struggling and could likely find himself as the 4th option in the Colts offense (behind Wayne, Clark, and Gonzo). Given that you have three elite WRs ahead of him, this is an easy place to give up value.

I think it is a good deal, one that if I had the opportunity to make, I would.

Good Luck!

WashD

This is basically exactly how I view the deal. I did feel that Harrison and Chambers were fairly even in value but after reading your input, Chambers has definitely performed better when on the field whereas Harrison might be getting phased out. I still like the deal a bunch though. The best part of it is that Gates is really the only player I need as I'm pretty solid everywhere else, however, like I said I like Lynch more than FWP and getting Ricky Williams for Carlson is solid as well.