[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I should turn this trade down......right?

samparker53

I have a trade offer.....I give Hightower and another mid range player, I get Antonio Gates.

Normally I'd say no, it's obvious. BUT my RB's are already solid and I have John Carlson at TE right now who's less than cosistant.

I already have LT and Portis at RB.

I'd have an option of Avery, Antonio Bryant, or Kevin Faulk at Flex

I have Roddy White and Brandon Marshall at WR

NOW I'd have Gates at TE

Steelers DST

Carney at K

What do you think?

Edited by samparker53

IMO...running back points are more consistent than TEs. So if you can put Hightower in at flex, you would probably outscore the TE position on average. I haven't been keeping up with Gates and I know he was injured early in the year. If you think Gates is going to be a stud and like his playoff schedule...I might make the trade. It makes more sense though if Hightower is a trade for Gates straight up. Starting RB for a good TE is reasonable enough. Its a tough call, but the more I think about it...the more I like the trade. Typically I wouldn't do this but with your team it might be a solid move. Sorry, but that is as sure as I can be. Tough call, but you have a solid team either way.

I wouldn't do hightower + midrange for Gates if you can start hightower at flex. Hightower straight up for Gates with your RBs? Maybe.

Not sure how your scoring works, so I grabbed stats from one of my leagues that is pretty standard non-ppr. In our scoring, Gates averages 8.4 a week and Stevens 5.4 a week, so you gain a field goal. Not bad for a position upgrade. The question is, do you lose more than that at your flex? Hightower is averaging 9.5 and Faulk 7.5 in our system, both likely skewed low by quiet weeks at the start of the season ... Hmmmm... Looks like it's a pretty even outcome ...

Personally, I'd keep Hightower if I can start him at Flex with LT and Portis -- as I've been burned by a portis injury before ...

I wouldn't do hightower + midrange for Gates if you can start hightower at flex. Hightower straight up for Gates with your RBs? Maybe.

Not sure how your scoring works, so I grabbed stats from one of my leagues that is pretty standard non-ppr. In our scoring, Gates averages 8.4 a week and Stevens 5.4 a week, so you gain a field goal. Not bad for a position upgrade. The question is, do you lose more than that at your flex? Hightower is averaging 9.5 and Faulk 7.5 in our system, both likely skewed low by quiet weeks at the start of the season ... Hmmmm... Looks like it's a pretty even outcome ...

Personally, I'd keep Hightower if I can start him at Flex with LT and Portis -- as I've been burned by a portis injury before ...

This is dead-on right.

First, you should put your roster in your signature, along with the format. We can then see your depth at RB and throughout your roster.

In a league where you had no flex, if you had 4 solid RBs, you could probably afford to trade Hightower for a TE upgrade.

Hightower serves as a really good backup for your top 2 RBs, and would make a nice flex option. You also might want to ask around - there's been a ton of injuries at RB (lately - FWP, Torain, SJax). I gotta think Hightower has some big value around your league

The only way I do that trade is Gates for Hightower straight up. But personally I think Hightower is worth more to you than a TE even of Gates caliber. As had already been stated by others, an injury to your RB1 or 2 and you are scrambling, but with Hightower you plug him into the injured RB slot and add someone else to your flex and you're good. I say no to the trade.