[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dallas Area Huddlers

T-Scorp

I'll be in the Dallas/Fort Worth area the 21st through the 23rd for my annual football trip. We have tickets for TCU/AirForce (Sat night game) and Dallas/49ers (Sunday game) but would really like to see a high school playoff game.

Can anyone help with info on tickets and recommendations on a great game to catch in the Fort Worth area. ( We are staying on Univerity Ave in Ft Worth)

Any advice on places to eat/drink etc would also be appreciated.

Also would love to try and hook up with any fellow huddlers from the area.

Thanks in advance

High school playoffs start this week so pairings for the 21st won't be known until after this weekend. Also, sites won't be known either so you will have to wait. However, if seeds hold, you ought to try to catch the Euless Trinity/Plano game. I would imagine it would be played at Texas Stadium.

Regarding food/drink, you ought to try Fuzzy's Tacos on Berry Street and walk to the Aardvark for drinks. Jon's Grill is also a favorite TCU spot as is Perotti's Pizza.

Go Frogs!

Definitely catch Trinity if you can. I think they're ranked #2 in the nation.

A couple good Tex-Mex restaurants in that area is Uncle Julio's and Pappasito's.

With all due respect, both of those places are decent, but they are chains. If Tex-Mex is what one craves, the only place to get it is Joe T. Garcias.

With all due respect, both of those places are decent, but they are chains. If Tex-Mex is what one craves, the only place to get it is Joe T. Garcias.

Joe T's is good...but way overrated IMO. But it is unique. Plus, sometimes I feel like getting crazy and ordering things other than chicken or beef fajitas.

Thanks guys.

How does one aquire tickets????

Assuming it is someplace like Texas stadium, you should be able to walk up and purchase them. If it is someplace smaller then you will probably have to show up early in the week at one of the participating school's ticket window and stand in line. However, most of the games are at big venues that won't sell out.

It doesn't look like the Friday games are going to be all that good. There are two games at Texas Stadium-Richardson Pearce plays Carter at 6:00 and Rockwall Heath plays Hillcrest at 9:00. Both games look to be pretty one sided. The Saturday games at Texas Stadium look to be good and probably better than the TCU/USAFA game. If you want to watch a game Saturday morning, Southlake Carroll plays Cedar Hill at 11:00. Carroll is not as good as in past years, but it should still be a good game. The 5:00 Trinity/Plano game and 8:00 Coppell/Allen games should make for some great football. If you really want to watch a game Friday night, you may enjoy the Highland Park/Kimball game at Sprague Field in Dallas. Highland Park is a very wealthy school playing the very middle class Kimball in a very sketchy part of town. If you go, don't hang around any poorly lit areas after the game. The best game on Friday will probably be played in Bedford between Aledo and Everman at 7:30. Both teams are undefeated, that is the game I'd recommend.

Have fun in cowtown and make sure you cheer for the Frogs!