[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

In market for new computer

Big Country

Well, gonna be in the market for a new home system.

Primary use will be for my wife to exchange e-mails, handle lots of photo uploading/etc. as she takes a lot of pictures, and for me to hit up the occassional online poker game, and of course surfing.

I deally I would like to set up a dual-monitor system. Anyone know if any standard out of the box systems that are dual-monitor capable? I have had this at work and have set up my laptop and connected a monitor to it and I like the versatility it provides.

So, I'd either like a desktop that I could set up for dual monitor or possibly a laptop that I'd usually primarily as a home PC that I could get a docking station to set up the dual monitor (which is the work setup).

So, since many of you are more versed in what is out there (H8) any suggestions?

I really like my new Dell Inspiron - it's one freakin' sweet machine. When I "built" it on-line - it had the option for multiple monitors - so you would be good to go on that front.

2.6GHz dual quad core, 4GB mem, 500 GB HD, full Office suite, Photoshop and 22" monitor, speakers w/woofer, standard keyboard and mouse for just under $1300.

Apparently my new iMac is dual monitor ready. I haven't looked into hooking it up but the dude at the Apple store said it was. Beautiful picture, plenty fast, and all the great Mac OS features. Hands down the nicest machine I've ever had, by a freaking long, long shot. I use a PC at work and, being spoiled here at home, I get pretty sick of that f'ing machine all the time.

My wife's disease ridden Toshiba lap top makes her very jealous and she pretty much just uses my computer now. Next nice drop of money we see is likely going towards getting her a new ibook.

Edited by detlef