[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Matchups or Studs?

JetFanMike

Cut to the chase -- I have openings at QB and "offensive wild card", and can start any two of Tony Romo-Tyler Thigpen-Frank Gore-Shaun Hill.

I'm leaning towards Romo, even though he's got the worst matchup on paper. I know the Steelers pass D is good, but remember, the numbers are partly a function of the schedule -- they've played the Bengals twice, the Browns, the Ravens, etc. I think the only guys who they held to significantly worse than their typical game were Philip Rivers and Matt Cassel. And with Marion Barber out (or less than 100%) the Cowboys will have to throw.

Thigpen's got a nice matchup against the Broncos; who are probably also worse than the numbers show; I have Tony Gonzalez so I'd be "doubling up" points whenever they connect.

Shaun Hill has what looks like a great matchup against the Jets, especially with the Niners at home.

And then there's also Frank Gore, who I wouldn't really consider except for what Hillis did to the Jets last week. And he's very involved in the passing game.

I definitely don't want to start two 49'ers, especially since my opponent has the Jets defense. I'm probably about 99% going with Romo, but should the other spot be Thigpen, Hill, or Gore? This is standard scoring (passing TD's = 4, 1 pt/25 yards, rushing/receiving TD's = 6, 1 pt/10 yards) with NO point per reception.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Romo and Thigpen

Denver has played lousey at home for some reason.

Also agree... You have to start Romo because he could have 3 TDs on any given day. The Jets have a pretty solid run defense so Gore could struggle, while Denver has a pretty bad pass defense. Not to mention Thigpen has put up solid numbers when he has played bad defenses in the past few weeks - SD, BUF, NO, NYJ. Tony G and Bowe are reliable targets for the young QB.

Thanks guys, especially Ray -- you're right about Thigpen -- last week was his only "bad" game, and I don't think the Broncos shutdown corners are quite as good as Oakland's. I guess for now Romo and Thigpen it is. Even if the Cowboys end up playing in bad weather, i think I've gotta stick with Romo. And I didn't realize it until a few minutes ago, but before Hillis scored last week, the Jets hadn't given up a rushing TD since week 4 -- I've got to assume they'll keep Gore out of the endzone, so Thigpen's the better play.

Besides, if I sit Hill and Gore I won't have any conflicts of interest during the Jet game...