[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cruising sunny Cali in a 'vette

Jimmy Neutron

I-5 (interstate goes from Mexico to Canada) is not a fun drive.

I both agree and disagree... depends on where you're drivin' it. From San Diego to LA there are a few OK spots (like north of San Diego along the coast). Through LA is disgusting. North of LA is OK in spots. Once you get to the Central Valley, it's boring as all heck. But once you're through Sacramento, headed into the northernmost part of California, it's downright gorgeous. Through Oregon is gorgeous. And from what I recall, the segment in Washington is pretty too.

The only thing more addicting than driving the car is that once you own one you realize that it is just the beginning. I've given mine 1/3 more HP and torque since I bought it. Ms Cid is officially afraid to drive it now. :wacko:

The only thing more addicting than driving the car is that once you own one you realize that it is just the beginning. I've given mine 1/3 more HP and torque since I bought it. Ms Cid is officially afraid to drive it now. :wacko:

I can only imagine. I know the version I drove was pretty tame - I'd live to get some seat time in a ZR1. The more I drove that car, the more evident it became that it would excel at really high speed. It didn't even breathe hard through 140 - no vibrations, tracked well and Have to agree here the sound of that motor! :divingboard: I was trying to explain the difference in feel between the 'vette and Z I drove a few months ago to the friend I was with. Where the Z was quick and nimble through corners, the corvette made the statement, "I own you, biyatch" through the corners.

I think the rental had some programming that prevented excessive tire wear - it was imposible to power brake :D If the brake was engaged, I could only get 2k rpms out of it before it cut out. I guess that saves Hertz the expense of replacing those massive Goodyears every few thousand miles. :D