[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

WW II online shoot em up

BeeR

Since some might not be inclined to click on "This game cheats:"

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=277035

Kinda getting into it a little - was tearing it up so I guess it really was time to cheat...suddenly started lobbing grenades all over the place and a huge wave of guys came in. Once they took out my jeep and E-7 sniper it was over :wacko:

PS 1760 score best so far

Edited by BeeR

Well one nice feature is how it keeps track as you build experience in more battles, give you medals etc. In fact after awhile it gets too easy I think because your abilities increase in that way so a single battle takes forever....at one point I started a battle and got busy w/other stuff and forgot about it and still scored 7000+

I got over 7000 once and I've been playing a lot (rank Colonel). Do you work at setting up a quasi permanent defense or do you try and take ground?

Once I hit Capt I've bogged down - rarely get past 2000. Anyway I took ground once and didn't see the advantage since it's so hard to get guys up that far anyway, lose too much to get it. Generally:

- seems that jeeps arent' the great deal that they seemed to be earlier on.

- I noticed that when you "taunt" them you get extra pts to build up, but not sure if that makes them harder to beat or not

- IMO the AA gun is way too pricey to be worth it.

- flamethrowers kick ass.

Also I seem to be getting a lot more grenades lobbed my way, makes it hard to keep a force going when 2-3 guys (esp better or costlier ones) get nuked right off. I wish they'd make a version with a bigger field.

Yes, work is slow lately.

Edited by BeeR

I may try playing some this weekend, but I may also be putting together a ginormous outdorr playhouse thing my wife got for the kids for Christmas. But, that requires getting our spa removed tomorro and that may not happen.

Oh I love the holiday season..... where do I find time to breathe.

My best round was with three bunkers each with a mchine gun and a spec ops with a BAR in it. Mowed stuff down almost immediately. One round of artillery later and I was toast. Once that first bunker is gone you can never save up enough to rebuild it. The key was I got three crates of detailed orders right off the bat. Each one lowers the wave attacking by 10. Every wave under 5 gives two tactical points per round as opposed to 1 for each round after that.

I've also found that running a Frenchie out front to attract enemy fire is not a bad thing. They only cost 1 pt when you lose them. the Germans always fire at the foremost guy they can see. Two Frenchies in a trench out in front of the bunkers works real well. There is a badge for getting a Frenchie to 100 rifle but mine never survive past corporal. :wacko:

You can never have enough medics.

You kidding my frogs never get any stripes. Agree they make great decoys but that is all they are good for. Have to say, nice realism there.

So far I'm underwhelmed by bunkers. Slows your rate of fire and I usually end up bombarded by freaking planes, mortar etc anyway.t

Do you use the taunt thing much? Also any idea how close you have to be to trenches/bunkers to get the added protection?

Edited by BeeR

You kidding my frogs never get any stripes. Agree they make great decoys but that is all they are good for. Have to say, nice realism there.

So far I'm underwhelmed by bunkers. Slows your rate of fire and I usually end up bombarded by freaking planes, mortar etc anyway.t

Do you use the taunt thing much? Also any idea how close you have to be to trenches/bunkers to get the added protection?

I've started to use bunkers as a field hospital only. Throw a medic in there and the guys you gotta keep healthy (officer, commo) and then place a sniper and a spec ops about two persons away from the bunker. I think if they are within one person of the bunker they get the protection but they also get the slow rate of fire. So I just keep those guys close enough to run them inside in the event of an artillery strike.

I always keep at least one tactical point to call for air intercept whenever a plane is announced. It works about 90% of the time. If you get a radar dish and an antenna it always works. The only thing it is guaranteed to not intercept is a boss wave of paratroopers. Those suck hard.

Seems that if I hide guys in the bunker they tend to get torched a lot (either by his flamethrower or mine when their guys are running around in flames) - I'll try the sniper but they're pricey. But yeah CAS is about the only way you can last towards the end

Seems that if I hide guys in the bunker they tend to get torched a lot (either by his flamethrower or mine when their guys are running around in flames) - I'll try the sniper but they're pricey. But yeah CAS is about the only way you can last towards the end

I always have have my guys focus their attention on the most dangerous guy of a wave. That includes motorcycles, the automatic gunners, flame throwers and mortars.