[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who saw Roy Jones vs. Tarver????

TheCMB

nahooey:

Maxboxing.com has a couple of good articles including scores and perspectives.  Best site on boxing (IMO).  I too have to catch the bout on Saturday.

Wow, a boxing thread started by someone other than me. thumbs_u I got the fight on PPV. It was actually a pretty good fight. Tarver gave Jones a tough time, but Roy did what it took to earn the decision. Dropping back down to 175 really put a strain on Roy, as he looked not as strong as usual, and tired rather quickly in some rounds. I'd say Tarver may have won 3 out of the first 5 rounds possibly. But around the middle of the fight, Roy started "pot-shotting" him, and counter punching nicely, especially to that long body of Tarver. The only time Tarver did much damage was when Roy tired and layed on the ropes. He snuck a few hard left hands through Jone's gloves on occassion, and actually produced a small mouse around Jone's left eye. Roy then finished the fight very strong, winning the last 2 possibly 3 rounds rather easily. I give Tarver some credit. Leading up to the fight, he talked a big game, and many (including myself) thought that Roy would destroy him inside a few rounds. Especially given the "bad blood" between the two. Tarver came to fight, and although he did lose, he gave Roy possibly the toughest fight of his career IMO. You'll never see Roy at that weight again. He's now looking for a BIG payday fight at heavyweight with possibly Tyson. Although the fight I'd rather see would be a re-match with James Toney. (Although the $ isn't near as great there) I think Roy will actually be smart enough to get out of boxing with his marbles intact. He's never liked getting hit, and I can't see him in slugfests with these big guys, as he's now almost 35 and like he said, he wants Tyson for a big payday, and then he may be done. Watch all his fights that you can. These may be the final fights of the greatest Pound for Pound fighter since Sugar Ray Robinson, Ali, and even possibly of All-time. thumbs_u

Oops, BTW nahooey you're right about maxboxing.com

That is a great boxing site. Although their videos, interviews and really good stuff is pay. (like $50 a year or something outrageous) they have alot of great free articles and updates. thumbs_u