[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

need some advice

theeohiostate

I have such a real passion to learn as a professional in these two areas and was thinking of taking some online or live classes.

I'd like to learn how to write HTML and CSS , work in dreamweaver , adobe fireworks and photoshop, adobe flash at an expert level .

I would like some direction or recommendations from any residence experts in these fields on the best types of programs I should consider. My preference is learning at home online , but if this isn't the way to go, then a local college isn't out of the question. I want my education to be very specific in these areas . I have very limited experience with these programs and the only coding I can do is copy and paste and study why the code is doing what it's doing.

Those skills in themselves will not provide much of a career.

In order for you to have a good career with Flash as your primary skill, you'll need to be able to do serious illustration, animation and interactivity. I'm not sure you can learn this on your own unless you truly dedicate yourself to it. Nowadays, everyone has some decent skill at all these programs.

The easiest way for you to use the above skills and have a good career is learning database programming and back-end connectivity to the front-end that the above provides. You'll also need to know some java script to intelligently and efficiently connect the back- and front-ends.

Build everything modularly.

If Twiley doesn't respond, shoot him a PM.

I really have no interest in making this a career , maybe in the future. I'm more interesting in learning some cool designing , animation , 3D modeling , coding etc... I have very limited basic knowledge of all of these from online tutorials, but I want a more advanced level of knowledge.

What types of programs should I be looking for? Is there an online college that you would recommend. I'm not trying to impress a future employer with an IVY league degree here.

I'm more interesting in learning some cool designing , animation , 3D modeling , coding etc...

Applications don't make someone a great designer.

I've worked with people that know the manuals front and back but when it comes to strategic execution and quality... they lay turds.

Lord Opie has offered up some great suggestions so follow his advice. If you do ever decide to become serious about web then shoot me some samples and I'll give you an honest opinion from an industry professional.